Version 5.0.0-a1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Version 5.0.0-a1 is released

Post by SharkHunter »

The 360 issue has been resolved. In this release we've done an overhaul of our index system and the xbox 360 doesn't behave as any other render so our new system screwed things up...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Goose7

Post by Goose7 »

SubJunk wrote:We will continue to release stable versions for Java 6, just not the betas :) I could be convinced to make Java 6 betas too but it is a lot of work
Oh! So this is just a beta then eh? Cool! :) I wasn't aware of that.

No... I can wait for the actual release versions, unless you need someone to test something for you guys, which I am always willing to do if I can. I've beta tested dozens of software products over the years, including some rather large and well known ones for Apple and MS. I was also a senior beta tester for Xbox Live back in 2000-2002.

Now that I have got my music files streaming properly using that other version of ffMPEG, my only other issue is the presence of multiple versions of the file folders contained in my iTunes library that come and go on the Xbox One. These duplicate folders all contain the files they should contain, but I would prefer to just see one copy of each folder on the file list, instead of the 2 and sometimes 3 copies I am getting now with the 4.2.0 version of UMS.
Kefran

Post by Kefran »

Subjunk, thanks for disabling ffmpeg font scan when subs are disabled. I can once again look forward to new releases of UMS. Keep up the great work! :D
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

Hello everyone!

There is a problem with the russian language folder names in Java 7+ version of UMS 5.0.0-a1 on Win XP SP3 RUS.
As for now, my folder D:\Торренты has an unusual look and is invisible on my PS3.
There was no such problem in 4.2.0 and in all previous versions.

My UMS 5.0.0-a1 log
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Goose7 wrote:
SubJunk wrote:We will continue to release stable versions for Java 6, just not the betas :) I could be convinced to make Java 6 betas too but it is a lot of work
Oh! So this is just a beta then eh? Cool! :) I wasn't aware of that.

No... I can wait for the actual release versions, unless you need someone to test something for you guys, which I am always willing to do if I can. I've beta tested dozens of software products over the years, including some rather large and well known ones for Apple and MS. I was also a senior beta tester for Xbox Live back in 2000-2002.

Now that I have got my music files streaming properly using that other version of ffMPEG, my only other issue is the presence of multiple versions of the file folders contained in my iTunes library that come and go on the Xbox One. These duplicate folders all contain the files they should contain, but I would prefer to just see one copy of each folder on the file list, instead of the 2 and sometimes 3 copies I am getting now with the 4.2.0 version of UMS.
Cool, we always appreciate thorough testers :)
If you make logs for the duplicate iTunes issue that would be great.
Kefran wrote:Subjunk, thanks for disabling ffmpeg font scan when subs are disabled. I can once again look forward to new releases of UMS. Keep up the great work! :D
Thanks for the idea to do it too :)
Tianuchka wrote:Hello everyone!

There is a problem with the russian language folder names in Java 7+ version of UMS 5.0.0-a1 on Win XP SP3 RUS.
As for now, my folder D:\Торренты has an unusual look and is invisible on my PS3.
There was no such problem in 4.2.0 and in all previous versions.

My UMS 5.0.0-a1 log
Thanks for the info :) We will look into this issue
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Tianuchka wrote:my folder D:\Торренты has an unusual look and is invisible on my PS3.
Install this update and let me know if the problem is fixed (and remember to remove it when you install the next UMS version :)).

EDIT: Patch updated to fix folder paths containing '\u', e.g. 'c:\util'
Tianuchka

Post by Tianuchka »

infidel wrote:
Tianuchka wrote:my folder D:\Торренты has an unusual look and is invisible on my PS3.
Install this update and let me know if the problem is fixed (and remember to remove it when you install the next UMS version :)).
Dear infidel!

Your patch has resolved my problem.
Thank You very much!
shaina

Post by shaina »

this seems to work great for everything except xbox360 is there a way to fix that so it will recognize and work properly sorry should have been more specific I have a lg pb6600 plasma smart tv and this release works great with it the only problem is the xbox360

thanks
regmar

Post by regmar »

Yeah, double subtitles issue on my Bravia TV is fixed, such an improvement, thanks a bunch!!! However the patch above to solve unicode character problems in path names does not work for me, I am on Windows XP. I moved the file update.jar into "C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server" and nothing happens whenever I click on UMS.exe. I removed the patch and UMS starts as expected.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

regmar wrote:However the patch above to solve unicode character problems in path names does not work for me
There was an additional problem caused by paths containing '\u', e.g. 'c:\util'. Try the new patch if this applies to your situation, or post logs if not :).