Version 6.0.0-a1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
hoboX10

Re: Version 6.0.0-a1 is released

Post by hoboX10 »

Is having audio not be desynced after seeking to a different time in the video/resuming play really an unfeasible thing? I don't see why it can't choose a specific frametime to pick up from. Maybe jumping to a specific time in the video can trigger UMS to just splice the video at that time to a temporary file and play it as a new media file, deleting the temporary file afterwards. Not sure how reasonable that would be, but it's just a quick idea. I'd definitely be willing to put up with a couple seconds of delay to have synced video/audio at all times.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

The audio and video should always be synced even when seeking, and it is on my devices. Some devices may require different settings so if you let us know which device it is we can look at fixing that.
hoboX10

Post by hoboX10 »

Of course, I totally forgot to even mention what device I use haha.

I get the desync when streaming and seeking on PS3. As far as I knew, this issue has always existed with the PS3 on UMS and other media server programs.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I use PS3 and it works great as long as tsMuxeR isn't being used. I recommend disabling the "Remux videos with tsMuxeR" setting in the FFmpeg and MEncoder settings if they are enabled.
hoboX10

Post by hoboX10 »

OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH. It works with TSMuxer and MEncoder. Not sure why FFMpeg gives me "unable to play file" but I'm happy!
bigbri76

Post by bigbri76 »

Hi, I have a Samsung HU9000 and every version of UMS after 5.0.0 has been giving me the same issues. All my 3D movies show 0 for file size and they take awhile to load as well as show a weird duration usually something like 99999. If I try to fast forward or rewind it usually just hangs and reloads from the beginning. What I've noticed is any movie that's 3D or non 3D listed as mpeg on my tv is having this issue. Any movies listed as avi play fine. All movies I have are usually mkv x264 so I'm not sure why some files show as avi and some mpeg on my tv. Thanks for any help. To add, I just noticed if I go into the transcode folder then pick no transcoding every file I'm having the issue with now shows the file size, correct duration, and the file type changed to avi. The ones I tested this way all have played with no issue.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

What you described means that UMS is transcoding some videos. Can you open new topic at viewforum.php?f=9 and provide log for the not working videos?
N3phastus

Post by N3phastus »

congratulations for the nice work !

This feature, putting an overlay over watched files can be useful if you manage to overlay all media in the tree. Let me explain, I watch a movie with subtitles option, and after I've finished, overlay is there, but the main file, transcoder files and etc... are not flagged with the overlay ...

Two things that I'd like to see

Better support for HDA files (DTS CDs, Flac. etc...) Funny thing when playing Flac files, it blocks my receiver of doing DSP, can only ear it in stereo mode.

Better support for 3D subtitles

Thanks

N3
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

N3phastus wrote: Better support for 3D subtitles
What does it mean? I made that support but unfortunatelly I don't have a TV which supports 3D videos so I can't test it and I rely on a users feedback. Can you more specify what is the problem?
N3phastus

Post by N3phastus »

valib wrote:
N3phastus wrote: Better support for 3D subtitles
What does it mean? I made that support but unfortunatelly I don't have a TV which supports 3D videos so I can't test it and I rely on a users feedback. Can you more specify what is the problem?
Ok, I did love the feature to use live subtitles, use it all the time. Regarding 3D subtitles option, dunno how it is supposed to work, when used with Live subtitles, it does not work at all, mismatch the locations of the subtitles or show in a font that almost cover the movie.

I was using before a program (3D subtitle converter) wich already gives the option of depth, so this option in UMS is redundant. Now I'm using this site http://subtitle3d.com/
And it does a remarkable job. From it, I believe, you can see the work done to cover 3D movies, side by side, top & bottom, etc
Believe the best would be make it work seemly with live subtitles, anyway, are not there that many 3D movies, and I dunno the work to code this, just an input :D :D :D

Cheers N3