Version 1.1.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
orrkis

Re: Version 1.1.1 is released

Post by orrkis »

I cannot tell you how much I loe this application. I used the SubJunk builds of PMS for years, and to see the builds continue to evolve is fantastic! Up until UMS 1.1.1, in order to stream 1080p video with lossless audio over my network to my PS3, I had to demux the mkv, transcode the dts hd ma or truehd audio to pcm, and remux the .264 video file and lossless pcm audio file into a new m2ts container. UMS 1.1.1 just eliminated all of that middle work, including the nasty need to re-map two of the channels if the audio was 8 channels. Woohoo! I do have one question, though. I have tested a couple of mkv's with 7.1 truehd audio, and they work as expected, flawlessly :). I also tested a couple of mkv's with dts hd ma 7.1, but UMS extracts the dts 5.1 core if i have "Keep DTS in stream" enabled, and transcodes to ac3 if I disable "Keep DTS in stream". What configuration does one need to implement in order for UMS to transcode dts hd ma 7.1 into lossles 7.1 pcm? Thanks again, great work!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi orrkis, thanks for the feedback :)
Unfortunately due to a bug in MEncoder (the program we use to transcode most streams) 7.1 DTS-HD has to be downmixed to 5.1. Maybe it will be fixed but I wouldn't hold out hope since not many users or developers have a 7.1 speaker setup
orrkis

Post by orrkis »

SubJunk wrote:Hi orrkis, thanks for the feedback :)
Unfortunately due to a bug in MEncoder (the program we use to transcode most streams) 7.1 DTS-HD has to be downmixed to 5.1. Maybe it will be fixed but I wouldn't hold out hope since not many users or developers have a 7.1 speaker setup
In that case, perhaps the right move for me is to start streaming files with truehd 7.1 instead of dts hd ma 7.1 heh. If you have any ideas on how to squash the bug that causes this particular issue, I'm down to test whenever that may come to pass. Thanks for the prompt response!