Our third poll!

Announcements about Universal Media Server
btaz

Re: Our third poll!

Post by btaz »

Perhaps this is a ps3 thing, but it would be really nice to fast forward. I seem to be able to do this when streaming to other non-ps3 video players.
tanaytopac

Post by tanaytopac »

Definitely playing video from .r01 .r02 etc. part rar files, like XBMC does.
elsabio

Post by elsabio »

Being significantly more interested in audio than video streaming, what I would like is for the database holding media attributes to be extensible and exposed at the renderer in some way. For example, I'd like to be able to extract composer, performer, ensemble etc. from the media metadata and store it in such a way that I can ask for music performed by, composed by, has a particular soloist or is played on a particular instrument, etc, etc.

I would guess this would need to appear in the plugin API so I could implement custom parsers for the data (for example, how I store multiple performers of a work in the "Performer" tag/Vorbis Comment), but the infrastructure to add custom data to the database and to present that would need to be in the core release.
Dradd

Post by Dradd »

YESSSSSS add an anti-cinavia feature! PLEEEEEEEAAASSEEEEEE!!! :) :) :P You guys are great for having the smarts,the knowledge even to create a great program. Just tried yours after using PS3 Media Server for a long time & saw someones post about your app. Im always up for trying new programs , I have to say....Very Nice :) It runs smooth with being able to add more memory usage & no issues with any video so far ,which I had with mkv video issues with PMS. I have over 6tb collection SO!! I will put this app to the test guys because as time goes on tech/software grow & get better & so does my collection!! ;). I had to say thank you :)

PS...............Please add a way to block anti-cinavia on PS3 if possible..............
tonkatuff

Post by tonkatuff »

I've always wanted UMS to handle ISOs (both DVD & BluRay) as if they were an actual disc (including title screens and the ability to jump to chapters and special features).
vulcan

Post by vulcan »

IP-TV. Like in http://borpas.info/download/IpTvPlayer-setup.exe
It base on VLC 2.0.x. and stream udp multicast.