Version 6.6.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Sami32

Re: Version 6.6.0 released

Post by Sami32 »

If your mean playing the videos files from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder, that's normal, as [No transcoding] doesn't use ANY customs parameters.

If KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding are set to "true" it will always output videos at 16/9 aspect ratio to the renderer. That will not work with 3D SBS videos though.

About Sony-Bravia5500.conf renderer:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119&p=29123&hilit=s ... 500#p29123

Please, post your Trace log and name the videos giving you issues, following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

About which Panasonic renderer are you refering exactly ?

If you found better renderer configuration parameters, please feel free to share it to our communauty ;)
Last edited by Sami32 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Ed

Post by Darth Ed »

InEbre8d wrote:No longer able to play .iso files with this new release. Don't know what happened. Worked fine in 6.5.3
Has anyone confirmed this issue?
thebrand

Post by thebrand »

Hi, I've not been able to use any newer version than 6.5 which is the most stable for my renderers or Mac. Both Samsung renderers (TV J6240 and home cinema E8200) experience disconnect issues either from the lauch of a movie or while reading movie. It displays every time that my device has been disconnected. I'm using my own Ethernet network. Any thoughts of the reasons ?
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Sami32 wrote:If your mean playing the videos files from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder, that's normal, as [No transcoding] doesn't use ANY customs parameters.
NO it is not just in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder. If a renderer conf file supports a file format the main listing will list the version with no transcoding, THUS as stated Anything that invokes EITHER "KeepAspectRatio" or "KeepAspectRatioTranscoding" is when transcoding is taking place, ONE is NOT for when transcoding is happen, they BOTH only get used when transcoding is happening.
Sami32 wrote: If KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding are set to "true" it will always output videos at 16/9 aspect ratio to the renderer. That will not work with 3D SBS videos though.
How does altering everything to a 16/9 kepp the aspect correct in anyway? The only files that would be correct are 16/9 files.
Sami32 wrote:About Sony-Bravia5500.conf renderer:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119&p=29123&hilit=s ... 500#p29123
And his last post highlights another issue with only using one of the settings (Only works properly for Mencoder) and thats because "KeepAspectRatio" as far as i can tell Keepaspectratio invokes a custom CustomMencoderOptions= string or something very similar, IE Mencoder only AFAIK. From what i can tell...
KeepAspectRatio= Basically Implements a custom "CustomMencoderOptions" string, though what i do not know
KeepAspectRatioTranscoding = Basically Implements a custom "OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter" string

Or at least both are in some way related or similar commands.

IT IS BOTH of those and what is being implemented exactly i wish to know see i can determine if they would be a better option or not for my renderer
Sami32 wrote: Please, post your Trace log and name the videos giving you issues, following these steps:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
I do not need to as currently my renderer conf file works fine, as i said i have a Bravia 40EX403 TV and that uses the BraviaEX.conf renderer, which AS ALSO stated has correct and separate OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter =
and CustomMencoderOptions = set.

I want to know if implementing the newer KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding in their place will will implement different OverrideFFmpegVideoFilter and CustomMencoderOptions to what are currently in the render or if those commands implement the same commands. There is no way to know that unless a dev can confirm what values KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding are implenting EXACTLY.

Sami32 wrote: About which Panasonic renderer are you refering exactly ?{/quote]

ANY which are NOT for a single Vierra set. IE Panasonic-Viera.conf which renderers for vierra TVs that covers models which had both 720p and 1080p screens. This is part of the reason why so many Vierra profiles had to be implemented.
Sami32 wrote: If you found better renderer configuration parameters, please feel free to share it to our communauty ;)
Thats exactly what im trying to do with the simple question of what EXACT strings are KeepAspectRatio andKeepAspectRatioTranscoding actually implementing.

If you do not know then (and not to sound rude) but this is probably only a query a dev will be able to answer.

I do not see the fun in messing about trying to compare all the possible combination of 4 settings when if a dev can just state what KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding actually applies it will tell me straight away if it would work better or not than the current settings in my BraviaEX.conf file.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

As i'm not an english native, and do not understand you, i'll leave you the code, as it's international, you will easily undertand it by yourself:

Code: Select all

boolean keepAR = (renderer.isKeepAspectRatio() || renderer.isKeepAspectRatioTranscoding()) &&
				!media.is3dFullSbsOrOu() &&
				!"16:9".equals(media.getAspectRatioContainer());

When these options are used, FFmpeg will not defer to tsMuxeR though.
For MEncoder, it's seem that you already know so...

P.S. You misunderstood me, i never tell you that it's transform the videos to 16/9, but i'll leave english people explain this to you, it will be much better.

Hoping that you'll found an answer that will feed your expectation. As we say, people that keep searching, target to found ;)
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

That code explains nothing, it is just a boolean that initiates the KeepAspectRatio function, it does not explain what exactly it is doing.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Paradox I already tried to explain that it was only done for some buggy renderers, and affected only non 16/9 videos, but as we can not understand each other, i displayed that part of the code.

If you're really interested, the full code concerning FFmpeg video padding can be found there.
And you'll easily understand what i tried to explain. Though, i didn't thought that it could be really interest anyone here so i didn't posted the full code.

I don't see the need to explain more than i already tried to do, without success it seem as i don't have a clue when it come to explainations. But compiling it with the documentation in your DefaultRenderer.conf file should be not that difficult; that's said it could be only to me...

As my weak english will not be able to help more than that, i just leave the place to anyone wishing share his skill and knowledge on his free time.

Have a nice day.
Last edited by Sami32 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Sami32 wrote:.......... the full code concerning FFmpeg can be found there.
And you'll easily understand what i tried to explain. Though, i didn't thought that it could be really interest anyone here.
Ah that explains things a little more about what the commands are actually doing with the info/code under "// Scale and pad the video if necessary".

Ill probably personally keep my renderer as is to avoid and resolution conflicts, the pad and scale commands it issues though are very close to the same. So 30 mins or so further experimentation may be worth it at some point.

Good to see they are at main code level trying to fix Aspect etc issues so many devices in the past had.
coodie

Post by coodie »

Hi all,
I did a clean install of 6.6 and now my PS3 does not show ISO files and no VOB files.
So I am not able to play DVD and ISO anymore.
I used version 5.1.4 before which was the latest version for me without any problems (Win10 64-bit, PS3).
Unfortunately version 5.1.4 freezes the computer so I had to run this update :-(
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi coodie,

As we don't have any usable log, feel free to post your, following these steps:(read the 3 first comments)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=556