srt subtitles stopped working a while back

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
DJWolverine

srt subtitles stopped working a while back

Post by DJWolverine » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:53 pm

I seldom play movies that need subs but occasionally there will be some foreign (to me) dialogue and I used to just grab an srt file or the movie/TV Show would provide
an srt file. I'm now using UMS 7.6.2 and I got a film a week or so ago,that came with an srt subtitle. For reasons I don't understand UMS will not see the srt file. It is
the exact same name as the film and I've gone to subtitle sites and grabbed a few others...none worked. in the Transcoding Settings for MENcoder Video there used to
be an adjustment to autoload srt subs. I can no longer find such a button? is it no longer supported or just deemed unnecessary??
Seems I may need to find an older version of UMS or if possible a hard coded copy of Alpha.
Thanks for any input.

nimbari

Re: srt subtitles stopped working a while back

Post by nimbari » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:12 am

I have same problem with this version UMS.Тhe subtitle file is not visible-in my case are Bulgarian.With old versions, everything was fine.What to do?

SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: srt subtitles stopped working a while back

Post by SubJunk » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi guys, it would be useful to know what was the last version of UMS that had working subtitles for you, and please provide logs as per the Problem Reporting Guidelines