Big Sur

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
ledzepmj

Big Sur

Post by ledzepmj »

Any idea when there will be a release for Big Sur? It was officially released yesterday and the server doesn’t work on it.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Big Sur

Post by SubJunk »

Is there any error that happens? I have a mac but I use it for my paid job so I can't risk upgrading to that until they fix the big bugs. If you're willing to test I can try to fix it through you though
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

From what I have heard, Apple are making it even harder for users to to run "unofficial" software that they have not blessed. Apparently you can still run them but you have to jump though some hoops first and ignore the scary warnings which will put a lot of people off.

Not sure how much truth is in this though, but looks like Apple is keeping track of what apps you open in Big Sur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2lJNQn3NA
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We have had a user post on Facebook that UMS works on Big Sur if you just reinstall it. Not sure why that is needed but let us know if it works for anyone else please