[Solved] Streaming PS3 on a mac?

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
blahblahbleh

[Solved] Streaming PS3 on a mac?

Post by blahblahbleh »

Hi! I'm new to the forums (and to UMS), and I got a question. I'm planning to get a PS3 so I can play some games that didn't get a PS4 remaster/re-release. Is UMS capable of connecting the PS3 to the Mac and be able to play games with it, kind of like how the PS4 Remote Play works?

Please excuse me if it's a dumb question lol I just really want to play games like Fight Night again. Thank you!
mik_s

Re: Streaming PS3 on a mac?

Post by mik_s »

Thats not what UMS is for. UMS is a media server that allows you to stream content to your device. It works well with PS3 to watch films on but cannot use it the other way to stream the video from the PS3 to your computer.

PS3 has remote play but AFAICR it only works on certain games and only connects to PSVita and other Sony devices at that time, and not sure if there was software for the Mac. Current versions of Remote Play for Mac/PC only support PS4/5.

Probably not what you want but if you just need your Mac for a display for your PS3, you can get adaptors to connect a HDMI as an input directly from your PS3 if it is supported or else you will need a capture card.
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-any-poss ... to-the-Mac
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
blahblahbleh

Re: Streaming PS3 on a mac?

Post by blahblahbleh »

Ohhh okay, at least I'm now aware of what UMS really is, thought it could stream the other way around. I'm gonna try doing the HDMI input method since it sounds cheaper than getting a PSVita. Thank you!