[Solved] multiple dots in the file name

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
vasilisc

[Solved] multiple dots in the file name

Post by vasilisc »

If there are many dots in the file name, then UMS cannot parse and hides such a file.
18:58:57 INFO The file D:\Videos\The.Last.Days.of.Ptolemy.Grey.S01.1080p.ATVP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD\The.Last.Days.of.Ptolemy.Grey.S01E03.Sensia.1080p.ATVP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-EniaHD.mkv could not be parsed. It will be hidden
mik_s

Re: multiple dots in the file name

Post by mik_s »

It probably is not the filename although it could be close to the max path path length, but after testing it on my system on a video renamed to the same as yours it works fine for me. You could try renaming it to remove the excess information and see if that has an effect.

It is more likely to be a problem with that file and UMS cannot determine what format it is in so is skipping it.

To be sure I would need to see trace logs, see the link in my sig.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
vasilisc

Post by vasilisc »

I apologize to the developers. UMS tried to parse files not yet downloaded.
If you delete a directory C:\Users\All Users\UMS\database
then there is no problem.
Please excuse me for bothering you.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

That makes sense, UMS will be unable to read a file that has not been fully downloaded.

A better way to make it see that file again once it had finished downloading is to just change its name then UMS will see it as a new file and re-scan it.

You could set up a separate folder that is not shared in UMS to download files to, and have them moved to a shared folder once they are complete.
Or there may be an option to add an extension to in progress downloads so UMS will not see it. Check the options in the program you are using to download them
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.