Problem with Ps3 and fast forward

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
Goldensniper

Problem with Ps3 and fast forward

Post by Goldensniper »

Hello Guys,

I am new to UMS, Actually I always have been using PS3 Media Server. I just built a Home Server. And since it looks to me that PS3 Media Server is being discontinued, I thought I could upgrade to UMS.

However I am having a little problem, I have a fat PS3 and so transcode videos. But with UMS, as soon as I fast forward ( 1,5x is ok but not from 10x) I see the CPU usage dropping totally and actually the playing hangs on the ps3 and I cannot play the video anymore.

I dont have any problem with PS3 Media Player, everything is working fine. So I am not sure to understand what I did wrong.

I am running under Windows Server 2012 R2 on a Intel i5 4690S ( I installed the Intel HD 4600 driver and in the bios 64MB is shared).

I am open to any suggestions, would like to test UMS though :), Otherwise ill stay with the old PS3 Media Server.

Thank you
Last edited by Goldensniper on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldensniper

Re: Problem with Ps3 ans fast forward

Post by Goldensniper »

Hi, I got a reply here that looked interesting , but didn't have time to read . Why has it been deleted?

Thanks
SuperDre

Re: Problem with Ps3 and fast forward

Post by SuperDre »

huh? you mean to say 10x worked with PS3 media server (which is just the old name/version of UMS)?
I never have gotten it to work on the PS3 past 2x (and I have a very fast computer), would be great if it would work with the faster speeds..
And reversing always go haywire, just like continuing from a previously watched position or starting somewhere later (using the square button), always gives me that the video seems to play very fast after a while but the audio plays in regular speed.