[Solved] Sony BRAVIA XBR 65-A1E Renderer outdated /misdetected

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Sony BRAVIA XBR 65-A1E Renderer outdated /misdetected

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for the logs. Please try this improved config
Sony-BraviaXBR-OLED.conf
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

@Subjunk beat me to it, I started to look at it earlier. :lol:

The reason why that video is transcoding is that it uses the "truehd" audio codec.
I don't see that listed as a supported format in the specs, but I have added it to the conf since it plays without transcoding for you.
I've added bit depths just in case and tidied it up a bit too.
Attachments
Sony-BraviaXBR-OLED.conf
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
cr0wl

Post by cr0wl »

Hey guys! Thanks for helping out with this, so something still seems to be wrong.
The movie starts playing choppy, skips across scenes and retains images behind. And it does that thing where it won't let me rewind or fast forward, just stop playing.
NO TRANSCODE works perfectly still, no problems.
I attached the logs.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-05-19-13-24_BarviaOLEDDefaultPlay.zip
(141.16 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

In the case of that file, UMS thinks your network speed to your TV is too slow

Code: Select all

net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 59.66573714285715 Mb/s

net.pms.configuration.RendererConfiguration Using video bitrate limit from Living Room TV configuration (59 Mb/s) because it is lower than the general configuration bitrate limit (90 Mb/s)
net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource File "Warcraft.2016.MULTI.REMUX.2160p.(10bit).BluRay.UHD.HDR.HEVC.DTS-HD.MA.7.1-LEGi0N.mkv" will not be streamed because the bitrate (66220657 b/s) is too high (59000000 b/s).
Maybe your network was busy at the time of the speed test?

I see several speedtests but looks like UMS is picking the slowest speed, maybe an average speed would be better? The other speeds show your network is more than capable.
one for @Subjunk to investigate I think.

INFO  2021-05-19 13:21:11.087 [pool-7-thread-2] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 214.9984 Mb/s
INFO  2021-05-19 13:21:11.355 [pool-7-thread-4] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 231.56693333333334 Mb/s
INFO  2021-05-19 13:21:11.989 [pool-7-thread-5] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 260.5162057142857 Mb/s
INFO  2021-05-19 13:21:15.882 [pool-7-thread-3] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 59.66573714285715 Mb/s
INFO  2021-05-19 13:21:18.431 [pool-7-thread-6] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Sony Bravia XBR OLED has an estimated network speed of 700.7744 Mb/s
Have you got more than 1 of that TV? I see multiple IPs using that renderer conf, that may be confusing me. Maybe the Living Room TV has a slower connection than the rest. Is it connected wired or wireless?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I think I see the problem. You have set the default renderer as "Sony Bravia XBR OLED" and "Force default renderer" enabled which is detecting everything on your network as your TV. I get a speed of 700.7744 Mb/s from Windows Media Player on my pc, I think that is what one of the speed tests show for you.

You should use "Unknown renderer" as default renderer and uncheck "Force default renderer" so UMS can detect the right one to use on its own. If for some reason UMS does not detect your TV using the conf we posted then let us know so we can fix that.

You may have a bottle neck somewhere to your Living Room TV though.

Since you have no problems without transcoding I think you can override the speed limit.
Try disabling "Use Automatic Maximum Bandwidth" in the general settings tab. But this will apply to all renderers on your network.
cr0wl

Post by cr0wl »

Ok, I have some progress. I unchecked force renderer and set to unknown, TV was found as the default Sony Bravia XBR, not the new OLED one. I moved those renderers out of the folder and it was properly found as the OLED. Warcraft seems to play OK now but, I'll say, No Transcode plays perfectly with no hitches, whereas the default play there's still some hitching (but not like before) probably related to the network issue you pointed out. I can FF and rewind now and it seems to work correctly. My connection to TV is through ethernet cable straight from router so should be gigabit, but maybe something else is going on I'll try to look into it.
However, after testing a couple of other movies I found another one that does not work.
Spider-Man NO TRANSCODE play - Looks perfect, rich colors, plays with no lag and flawlessly, can FF and Rewind and pause.
Spider-Man default play - Looks washed out, faded, is very laggy and skips around the movie, doesn't allow me to FF or rewind or pause.
I should point out this movie is Dolby Vision encoded (I think), which this TV supports and plays fine on streaming networks like Netflix, so maybe that's an issue in this case?

Attached the logs of both versions being played.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-05-19-20-12-SpiderManDefaultPlay.zip
(693.73 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
ums_dbg_2021-05-19-20-07-SpiderManNOTranscode.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Maybe the ports on your TV or some on your router is not Gigabit? My old router only had 1gb port and the rest 100mb and to save money some manufactures still use 100mb on their devices. Having said that it still should be fast enough. Its possible that your cable to your TV isn't up to that standard (cat 5e I think?, I don't know myself). If your TV has 5Ghz wifi that could be faster. Don't forget to re-enable "Use Automatic Maximum Bandwidth" if you plan on doing some testing so the speed will be logged.

Ok I have given the new conf a higher loading priority as UMS could still match your TV to the old one, and whichever one was loaded first won.

I was a little confused as it is using the Google-Android-Chromecast.conf when deciding what is supported by your TV and not the Sony-BraviaXBR-OLED.conf one.
I'm guessing your TV is Android based and UMS is switching because Chromecast has a higher priority.

Matched media renderer "Chromecast" based on headers {Accept=*/*, Accept-Charset=UTF-8,*;q=0.8, Accept-Encoding=deflate, gzip, Host=192.168.1.108:5001, User-Agent=Kodi/19.1 (Linux; Android 9.0; BRAVIA 4K GB Build/PTT1.190515.001.S38) Android/9.0.0 Sys_CPU/armv7l App_Bitness/32 Version/19.1-(19.1.0)-Git:20210508-85e05228b4}

Switching to higher priority renderer: Chromecast
Now this conf should take precedent now.

Hopefully this should work better but may still need some tweaks. I've added "dv" to mp4 codecs so your spider-man should work now. It may need adding to mkv section too if you have any files to test it on. Some of your videos use "dtshd" which is not currently in the supported formats. If they play without transcoding, then it can easily be added.
Attachments
Sony-BraviaXBR-OLED.conf
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
cr0wl

Post by cr0wl »

Thank you so much!! Everything seems to be working perfectly right now. I've been having to use No Transcoding for like 2 years now on every movie to get it to work right, haha.
I can play lots of MKV movies no problem I think?
As far as audio goes - my TV uses ARC to output to my reciever that supports literally everything, DTS, DtsHD, Dolby, Atmos. How does that work with the Universal Media Server? I guess it only sees my TV but I don't use TV for audio. I'm not sure what the best setting actually is for that as far as UMS goes (I leave it at defaults).

So I found one last movie that's not playing right, again, No transcoding plays perfectly, default play goes into the weird mode. Attaching Logs.

Man thanks for helping with this. I seriously use UMS a lot and love it, have been for years. But it's always been buggy in this sense where I couldn't get it working just right on my TV except -some- times.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-05-21-22-30-ROTK_DefaultPlay.zip
(4.68 MiB) Downloaded 289 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

I'm not sure how ARC works with an external receiver, I'm guessing the TV just ignores the audio and passes it though.
I don't see how UMS would know anything about your receiver though as it is connecting with your TV and only know about its capabilities in the conf.

If that is how you have been playing your videos it is a good chance that your TV does not actually support the "truehd" or "dtshd" codecs as I have not seen them in the specs.
I'm not sure if there is a way to tell UMS that you have an external receiver and to ignore the supported audio codecs of your TV though.

Have a play around with the conf to see if you get it working exactly how you need. You might get away with just removing the audio codec section (a:) if you only use your receiver for audio and hope it can play everything.
eg. change

Supported = f:mkv             v:mp4|h264|h265|divx|vp8	a:ac3|mpa|aac-lc|he-aac|eac3|ogg|vorbis|dts|truehd	m:video/x-matroska
to

Supported = f:mkv             v:mp4|h264|h265|divx|vp8								m:video/x-matroska

As for ROTK, its a speed thing again

File "LOTR The Return of the King 2003 REMUX UHD BluRay 2160p HEVC (10bit) HDR Atmos DTS-HD MA 7.1-LEGi0N (1).mkv" will not be streamed because the bitrate (83619410 b/s) is too high (56000000 b/s).
Your TV's connection is still slower than the rest of your network, and has been fairly consistent comparing with previous logs (now they make sense because everything is being correctly identified)
If you can't improve its speed then you might be OK to just disable "Use Automatic Maximum Bandwidth" again and hope that it does not have much effect on the video. It may hiccup on some scenes though if it hits that maximum bitrate, or your TV could have a big enough buffer to compensate.
cr0wl

Post by cr0wl »

Yeah for ARC I think the TV ignores all audio data and pass it on straight to the receiver. Maybe something to consider for UMS since incorrect audio codec data causes transcoding issues? Maybe "If using reciever, ignore all the audio data" or something? Or separate file for audio for just the reciever? I don't know, since I did what you said everything works perfect for me so no issues here.

I switched my TV to it's 5G Wi-fi for some reason the speed is about the same (50 mb/sec). Maybe this TV just sucks at internet. I'll try a more pro ethernet cable when I get a chance.

So removing audio from the codec list fixed all streaming issues, I got the full menu control in the movie and it plays sort of well. The LOTR movie because it's so big does hiccup because of my streaming issues, but at least it's playing *properly* now. It seems the various types of audio encoding would keep the movies from being recognized properly by the TV? But removing the audio codec data makes everything play correctly!

Thanks a lot for your help again! This renderer file is working so great now, everything is playing perfectly and looks and sounds wonderful. I donated some money to you guys and will do so again in the future, thanks for all the hard work.