I have a problem with 4K Max Firestick

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
cooltwou

I have a problem with 4K Max Firestick

Post by cooltwou »

I am trying to stream my media though your program on my Windows 11 laptop though the VLC media app on the 4K Max Firestick and it doesn’t show this program when I select local network in the VLC media app does anybody know what the problem is because I installed this on my laptop but didn’t get to test it because I was on vacation and now that I am back I don’t know why it doesn’t detect this program in the VLC media app on the 4K Max Firestick
mik_s

Re: I have a problem with 4K Max Firestick

Post by mik_s »

Won't know without logs. See the link in my sig.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

I attached the logs & the problem I am having is one time the Firestick 4K Max will connect to my laptop though the VLC app & the next time it will not find the my laptop through the VLC app
Attachments
ums_dbg_2022-07-07-14-17.zip
(821.42 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Not sure what is going on here but I do see that there is hardly any network bandwidth to the Firestick

Code: Select all

INFO  2022-07-07 14:06:55.798 [pool-7-thread-1] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Amazon Fire TV Stick Vimu Player has an estimated network speed of NaN Mb/s
INFO  2022-07-07 14:07:31.716 [pool-7-thread-1] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Amazon Fire TV Stick Vimu Player has an estimated network speed of 0.5671805544842798 Mb/s
INFO  2022-07-07 14:07:37.359 [pool-7-thread-2] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Amazon Fire TV Stick Vimu Player has an estimated network speed of NaN Mb/s
INFO  2022-07-07 14:08:30.960 [pool-7-thread-2] net.pms.network.SpeedStats Renderer Amazon Fire TV Stick Vimu Player has an estimated network speed of 1.6706888557109845 Mb/s
I see that it is on a wireless network which is expected on a laptop, but how close is it to the Firestick?

Another thing I have noticed is that you have forced the detection of renderers to the Firestick but this may not be correct if it is using VLC or if there are any other renderers on your network. I'm not actually sure if this Firestick shown in the logs is actually your Firestick you want UMS to appear on.
Try resetting this to default so UMS can chose what it thinks is right and see if that makes a difference. If it picks something completely wrong then I can help make a new conf for it. Post new logs if this still does not work with it at default.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

the Firestick is in the same room as the laptop & I am not what you are exactly what you are saying because there are several Firesticks in the house but I have only streamed media from my laptop to the Firestick in my bedroom I have never accessed my media on any other Firestick & I don't what you mean by resting to default & what to do after you reset it also
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

In your UMS.conf it shows that render detection is off and forced to the firestick

Code: Select all

# Selected renderers
# ------------------
# A comma-separated list of renderer configurations to load by renderer name as
# defined in the configuration file. Two special values exist, "All renderers"
# and "None". Group names made of the first word in the renderer name can be
# used to specify all renderers in that group, e.g. "Panasonic".
# Example: Yamaha RX-A1010, Panasonic
# Default: "All renderers"
selected_renderers =Amazon

# Default renderer when automatic detection fails
# -----------------------------------------------
# UMS can recognize many renderers automatically. Sometimes a renderer will
# connect which UMS does not recognize. This option defines which renderer UMS
# should assume.
# Default: "", which means UMS will assume the "Unknown renderer".
renderer_default =Amazon Fire TV Stick Vimu Player

# Force default renderer (disable automatic detection)
# ----------------------------------------------------
# By default UMS tries to automatically detect what renderers try to connect
# to it. When this is true, UMS will assume any renderer that connects is the
# default renderer.
# Default: false
renderer_force_default =true
These can be set in the General settings tab.0
It is best to leave the detection to UMS as forcing it will make every device appear the same and is hard for me to see what is actually happening.

Set "Enabled renderers" to all, disable "force default renderer" and set the "default renderer when detection fails" to Unknown Renderer.

Do some more logs with those settings and I should be able to make more sense of what is happening.
Anaka

Post by Anaka »

Try moving your Fire TV device closer to the router or use a wired connection with an Ethernet adapter. Make sure you're using a high-speed HDMI cable. Try to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it in again. Sometimes your Fire TV device streams at 1080p 60 Hz for smoother playback if you have a 4K 30 Hz Dolby Vision TV.

https://anonigstalk.com/
https://bingenerator.one/