Which SmartTV to buy with the best DLNA support?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.

Which TV should I get?

Samsung
33%
Sony
No votes
Panasonic
33%
Sharp
No votes
Visio
No votes
Pioneer / Elite
No votes
Toshiba
No votes
LG
33%
Philips
No votes

Total votes: 6

panni

Which SmartTV to buy with the best DLNA support?

Post by panni »

Dear forum,

as pointed out to me in another thread I created I can use UMS and SV together with a SmartTV using DLNA.

After reading some reviews about current 2013 SmartTVs and reading through some problem-threads I wonder what's the current SmartTV with the best DLNA support for UMS?
Samsung seems to have pretty huge problems with their media share application...

Thank you in advance
Last edited by DeFlanko on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added you a poll :)
sapsa

Re: Which SmartTV to buy with the best DLNA support?

Post by sapsa »

It all depend, at day 1 of buying my lg tv (LM620) at january 2013 the youtube app work like a charm, better than on pc. Its been 10 months after buying tv, and the app load for 2 minuts, then load the thumbnails for 3 minuts, and allways when you start video it shutter, you need to return, wait till thumbnails are loaded once more, then start and you can watch.

The best SmartTV is the one that is new, after couple of month the support and upgrade are worser and dont exist. If a recall correct the samsung b650 was great, because you could flash custom firmware (linux) onto it and do more stuff that you could before.

I know when see "smarttv" I only consider them as DLNA clients, nothing more.
server: C2D [email protected] 3GB RAM
network: wired 1000MB/s
render: LG 55LM620S, Samsung LE40C650, PS3
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Which SmartTV to buy with the best DLNA support?

Post by SubJunk »

Traditionally we have had to write extra code for Samsung and Sony TVs, whereas Panasonic just works so I recommend that. My last 2 TVs have been Panasonic (VT25 and VT60) and they are great.