Samsung Soundbar MS 650

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
ancalimon

Re: Samsung Soundbar MS 650

Post by ancalimon »

I tried creating a new config file after removing the Samsung-NotCD.conf file from renderers folder.

It created a file and I choose ms750 as reference. It works. Here is the file:
[AV]SamsungSoundbarMS650.conf
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
The only difference is it left the UserAgentSearch empty but created the following line:

UpnpDetailsSearch = Samsung Electronics , HW-MS650

Then I added the following line just in case:

UserAgentSearch = Samsung Soundbar MS650
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Its good that you managed to get it working. out of curiosity does it still work with the Samsung-NotCD.conf in the renderers directory?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

After a power failure and reboot it once again detects the Samsung NOTCD config. :)

I will try totally deleting that file to see it works again.

I never tried sending anything to the soundbar
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Strange. :?
In theory the NotCD config is meant to be a fall-back for Samsung TV's when a correct one is not available to give some basic support, but shouldn't be used if there is.
For some reason that is being favoured over yours even though it has a lower priority. @Nadahar do you have any idea what's going on?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

Soundbar got disconnected from wifi network. After adding it again it is working again with the new config. I don't know why it detects it as tv when it is not connected to wifi.

The soundbar is connected to tv via its arc port.

By the way changing volume or other things do not work on TV or soundbar I get these errors:

12:06:22 ERROR Failed to send action "SetVolume" to [AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650: Error: Action Failed (HTTP response was: 500 Internal Server Error)
12:08:24 ERROR Failed to send action "Play" to [AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650: Error: Transition not available (HTTP response was: 500 Internal Server Error)
12:08:26 ERROR Failed to send action "Seek" to [AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650: Error: Seek mode not supported (HTTP response was: 500 Internal Server Error)