Where to get the characteristics of renderers like Samsung TV UE40F6650

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Trebly

Where to get the characteristics of renderers like Samsung TV UE40F6650

Post by Trebly »

Hi,

Into conf files examples I have found the nearest conf for my TV Samsung : UE40F6650 (the Samsung-F5505.conf)

It is possible that the F6650 has more extended features (can find such in conf files developed for more recent models) : which could avoid some transcode or no display.

I tried to get the information from Samsung (chat and mail) there is no information they can send to you more extended that the user manual (which contains none of the needed) and you are send (like a ping-pong ball) to a private technician which has no information of this type because they are oriented repairing

Do somebody knows how (where) to get these informations ?

This is in fact a general question for the access to the technical data of media players needed to develop the conf files.

Best regards

Trebly
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Note for the case of my UE40F6650 comparing to more recent TV conf files it seems that if I uses the F5505 I will have no major problems.
mik_s

Re: Where to get the characteristics of renderers like Samsung TV UE40F6650

Post by mik_s »

Best place is the specs in the manual, or google for supported formats for that model.
This might be a good start but is not specific to any particular model and out of date (last edited on 21 January 2013).

My TV is a Samsung UE46F6400 which is the same series as yours so my config should be fairly close with a few tweaks
Samsung-F6400.conf
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
It won't be 100% right though. I don't use the media player on my TV as it is limited and doesn't play well with transcoded videos, so never bothered to get it accurate.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.