[Solved] Transcoding for SONY Bravia VH1/KD-65XH92xx

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SimpleUser

Re: Transcoding for SONY Bravia VH1/KD-65XH92xx

Post by SimpleUser »

OK. Running version ist 3d1438 with forced Bravia XH.

First I streamed MKV normal followed by Webm VP9. Both working.
Afterwards I tried MKV 12bit and waited until I got a message on the TV (somewhat like 'no video'). Then I did the same with MPEG 12 bit.

Log files are attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-01-23-17-48.zip
(140.53 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It looks like you have found a bug with our video bit depth logic, thanks! I will try to get it fixed and send you a test build
SimpleUser

Post by SimpleUser »

Hello,

so, I had to change my equipment and from now on I test on two different Bravia XH. Interesting to find out whether thy are behaving the same. I will make a comment whenever I'm observing a different behaviour.

First observation is the chosen renderer. While my 'Kellerkind' is choosing 'kellerkind' (bravia XH but line RendererName = Kellerkind - no surprise) the other Bravia XH is choosing 'Kellerkind' as well but not Bravia XH. My expectation is that the new TV should choose Bravia XH by automatism as there is no link to the name 'kellerkind'. However ... it is working.

Regarding version ...48c8c9 all videos are either streamed or transcoded despite both 12 bit versions (MKV and MP4 container). So, no difference compared to version 10.0.1.
I also added a specific Canon video to my test scenario (original from a camera) and transcoding worked as well.

Another observation is that streaming/transcoding/working in general might stop after displaying a video. That means TV is working, UMS seems to work but no new video can be streamed unless UMS is stop and started again. Unfortunately, I have not yet managed to find a repeatable set-up to provoke this mistake. I will have an eye on it.

Regards,
SU
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi again,

It's strange that the new build doesn't fix 12-bit support, can you please provide logs again?

That inconsistency is interesting too, please provide logs if it happens again
SimpleUser

Post by SimpleUser »

Hello,

as described before the attached logs shows a double test with two different XHs. However, the result is the same on both TVs. Server version ist ....6cc9b2.

Both 12bit versions are not running but all other formats being it streamed or transcoded.

Let me know if you need more information.

Regards,
SU
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-02-23-20-14.zip
(247.45 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this, will try a new build soon
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think I have finally fixed this bug. It needed some refactoring so it took a while. You can test it at https://www.universalmediaserver.com/up ... 5f4f1e.exe
I have tested it and it works for me
SimpleUser

Post by SimpleUser »

Hello SubJunk,

you got it. Thank you very much. 10.3.1 is working on all formats.

SU
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for your testing! :D