Renderer Profile for a Sony Bluray Player UBP-X800M2

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
thechrisgregory

Renderer Profile for a Sony Bluray Player UBP-X800M2

Post by thechrisgregory »

Here's a suitable and working renderer profile for the Sony Bluray player UBP-X800M2.

Sony-Bluray-UBP-X800M2.conf
(3.82 KiB) Downloaded 550 times

This has been rigorously tested with a large number of representative video and audio files, including 4K UHD mkv's with UMS version 10.0.0-a1.
As part of the testing I used 'subjunks' videotesting suite here -

https://sourceforge.net/projects/unimed ... z/download

With this video suite archive I noted a small error with some of the files, in that those described as containing 6 channel AC3 audio actually contained 2 channel AC3 audio.
So, I have corrected these using mediainfo, ffmpeg and mkvmerge and have an updated 7z archive which I can let you (subjunk) have to update the sourceforge site.

Let me know how you get on with it ... and subjunk, please feel free to add it to the distribution and update the video testing suite.

Notably I have forced transcoding of all AVI & WMV video files (by NOT adding 'supported' lines in the config file), as historically there is such wide variability in the use of different audio and video codecs within AVI & WMV video files.

I've also attached a .png image of the player, which you can be added to the UMS.jar (open and update with WinRAR) in the 'ums.jar\resources\images\clients' folder.

Chris.
Attachments
Sony-UBP-X800M2.png
Sony-UBP-X800M2.png (24.97 KiB) Viewed 10973 times
Last edited by thechrisgregory on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Renderer Profile for a Sony Bluray Player UBP-X800M2

Post by SubJunk »

This looks great, thank you. Nice attention to detail in the config. I'll put it in the next release. And yes, please link me to your fixed video testing suite.
thechrisgregory

The updated/corrected video testing suite v1.1 is here - link is valid for 48 hours.

https://volafile.org/r/1jyt7cpdg
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thank you, I have uploaded the new version now. We also have a more varied video collection in our automated testing suite so it would be good to merge the two, as that is used to detect regressions or needed changes to MediaInfo handling
thechrisgregory

Just noticed that with the current version of UMS (10.1.0) you might want to use the 'LoadingPriority' directive in the following configuration files in the Windows folder <C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers> in order that the correct configuration file is associated with the UBP-X800M2 rather than the generic one for Sony Blu-ray players :

i) 'LoadingPriority = 1' in the render configuration file <Sony-Bluray-UBP-X800M2.conf> and
ii) 'LoadingPriority = 2' in the render configuration file <Sony-Bluray.conf>

Chris.
Last edited by thechrisgregory on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I assume you mean the opposite numbers since we load the highest numbers first. I've made that change for our upcoming release now :)
thechrisgregory

In my case, no, because I wanted the UBP-X800M2 to be picked up first (LoadingPriority = 1), rather than the generic Sony blu ray player.

Also, while I am here, the mkv video line in this renderer config file can be updated to include the vc1 codec, see below.

Supported = f:mkv si:SUBRIP|MICRODVD v:mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|mp4|h264|h265 a:aac-lc|aac-main|he-aac|ac3|dts|dtshd|flac|lpcm|mlp|truehd|mpa|mp2|mp3 m:video/x-matroska

I also have an update for the Kodi.conf renderer config file attached below, which I have been testing with the Vero4K+ media player (which can just about play anything you can throw at it !!!)
Kodi.conf
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 319 times

Cheers, Chris.
Last edited by thechrisgregory on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

thechrisgregory wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:32 amIn my case, no, because I wanted the UBP-X800M2 to be picked up first (LoadingPriority = 1), rather than the generic Sony blu ray player.
Highest numbers are loaded first unless there is a bug with that? Hopefully that is working now
thechrisgregory wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:32 amAlso, while I am here, the mkv video line in this renderer config file can be updated to include the vc1 codec, see below.

Supported = f:mkv si:SUBRIP|MICRODVD v:mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|mp4|h264|h265 a:aac-lc|aac-main|he-aac|ac3|dts|dtshd|flac|lpcm|mlp|truehd|mpa|mp2|mp3 m:video/x-matroska

I also have an update for the Kodi.conf renderer config file attached below, which I have been testing with the Vero4K+ media player (which can just about play anything you can throw at it !!!)

Kodi.conf

Cheers, Chris.
Thanks, I will add those updates :)