REVO - Superconnect tabletop radio

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
GregVDS

REVO - Superconnect tabletop radio

Post by GregVDS »

Hi,

This is a first post here, and my first attempt in the uPnp world.

I bought recently a tabletop radio from REVO, model Superconnect. My first interest is DAB/DAB+, internet radio; but then I discovered that it could also be a media player, being uPnP compatible. I'm totally new on this matter, but my interest was lit. So I first tried and installed eye connect. It worked, but I soon realized that I did not see my flac files, nor was able to play my iTunes wav files. By the time, I begun to search for a uPnP media server for Mac OSX, that was free, and that could play FLAC and WAV and mp3, and alac and so on. In the end, I found this UMS. Installed it, and was not convinced at first. But, as it said it was able to do all I wanted, and REVO told the same, I wanted them to work together.

I managed yesterday to make a first conf file for the REVO Superconnect that let me play flac, wav, mp3 and alac files. I don't know if this can be optimized, this is just my first attempt at it. It currently does not use MediaInfo (MediaInfo=false) and don't know if it should. Stuff to tweak are not numerous, as the REVO is an audio player only, no fancy cover jpg/png to display, no video, just plain stereo audio.

I did not found in my ums.app package a folder with all the icons for the renderers, neither knows if there should be, so I used the one used in my base file, iPad/iPhone, on which I based this conf file. Any help here welcome, about the icons of the renderers.

I post here my file for anyone to play with and enhance if needed. In no case I can assure you it will work for you. It worked for me, but I have to force the use of this conf file, for I'm not sure I catch the good id for the REVO, as it seems in debug, trace mode to show only

User-Agent: FSL DLNADOC/1.50 UPnP Stack/1.0

and sometimes
User-Agent: NSPlayer/8.0.0.3801

I could not find an entry such as X-AV-Client-Info:

My configuration is rMBP15" with UMS, my conf file, streaming to REVO - Superconnect tabletop radio, cinched on my amp.

Don't hesitate to use and test, comment and report here.

best Regards,

GregVDS
Attachments
REVO-Superconnect.conf
REVO Superconnect renderer conf file
(8.4 KiB) Downloaded 601 times
GregVDS

Re: REVO - Superconnect tabletop radio

Post by GregVDS »

Here I attach a png I did to illustrate the connected revo.

If this one can be incorporated in the next release, and the conf file too, it could be great for other users.

All the best,
Attachments
REVO-Superconnect.png
REVO-Superconnect.png (85.85 KiB) Viewed 5915 times