Updated iPad-iPhone.conf to support nPlayer with AirPlay

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Matt

Updated iPad-iPhone.conf to support nPlayer with AirPlay

Post by Matt »

I’m using nPlayer as my client on an iPad. It was working fine, but AirPlay broke a few weeks ago. Possibly from an Apple TV update or nPlayer 2.4 update on Feb 24th. I got it working again by tweaking the iPad-iPhone renderer. From what I found, nPlayer was actually using the LG42LA644V configuration. From there when enabling AirPlay it was dropping to unknown renderer and failing. I Fixed the iPad-iPhone configuration by adding in the multiple User-Agents used during the process, and adding MP4 to the StreamExtensions (among some others that were missing). What’s odd is the configuration’s UserAgentSearch didn’t contain AppleCoreMedia which seemed to be breaking AirPlay.

I added support for the following iOS clients:
  • nPlayer ($4.99) - mp4 and xvid works. AirPlay works for mp4, but audio only for xvid.
  • skifta (free) - mp4 works. AirPlay works for mp4, but xvid is not working at all at this point.
  • TwonkyBeam (free) - mp4 works. AirPlay is not working at all, neither is xvid.
I’m still working on fixing xvid for nPlayer (my client of choice), but the majority of my library is MP4 so I haven’t tested many other formats).
Attachments
iPad-iPhone.conf
(11.35 KiB) Downloaded 884 times
DeFlanko

Re: Updated iPad-iPhone.conf to support nPlayer with AirPlay

Post by DeFlanko »

Submit a PR on Github if you want this change in future releases :!:

Good job!

https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... Phone.conf