Amazon Fire TV

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Amazon Fire TV

Post by SharkHunter »

Without any details here I do suspect it uses Bonjour/Zeroconf much like chromecast (thats no DLNA) but if you take a look into the 5.0 branch you'll see that we handle the chromecast in a special way now so the chromcasts are found "outside" the DLNA grid but they can still be managed from the GUI (or the web GUI, in 5.0 things are much cooler). So if the FireTV is similar to the chromcast it should be fairly "easy" to use a similar scheme for that one. Now as my home is a bit "full" of (potential) renders I will not likely buy a firetv.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Matt

Post by Matt »

Wolfgan wrote:And somehow related question, did anyone get any Fire TV Stick and tested it? (no explicit mention anywhere about DLNA support)
Thx, Wolf
I have the Fire TV Stick. No native DLNA support. I'm still in the process of testing it, but I installed Vimu Player last night and was able to connect to UMS (4.0.0-a1) and stream MP4s.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JZXJNNS

I still need to pull the user-agents off (probably have time this weekend).
Matt

Post by Matt »

Here's my notes for the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Tested with Vimu as DLNA client, Vimu as an Airplay device, AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (Pro) as Airplay device, and Airbuddy as an Airplay device.
Except for a problem using Vimu as an Airplay device, no changes to the render config was needed for my MP4 test files. Regardless, I've attached the User-Agents from the log.

----tested on 4.0.0-a1

---amazon fire tv stick - using application Vimu as DLNA client $1.50
User-Agent: Android/4.2.2 UPnP/1.0 Cling/2.0
User-Agent: GTVBox UPnP/1.0 GTVMediaPlayer/1.0
User-Agent: GTVBox/1.0 GTVMediaPlayer/1.0
User-Agent: GTVBox/1.0

------iphone using nplayer, and than airplay to AirPlay/DLNA Receiver (Pro) $4.90 (FireTV@104) on Amazon fire TV stick
-----(receiver, means the DLNA server must start broadcast, WMP can do this, but didn't work with video),
User-Agent: Darwin/14.0.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 nPlayer/1.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.5.0
User-Agent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.11D257 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X; en_us)
User-Agent: nPlayer/14 CFNetwork/672.1.15 Darwin/14.0.0
User-Agent: stagefright/1.2 (Linux;Android 4.2.2)

---- iphone using nplayer, and than airplay to vimu (but started playing a different video from another folder instead and than would stop playing on both devices)
---- I switched off Airplay DLNA Receiver's dlna component. I wonder if there was still a conflict? From the looks of the user agents they were both still connected.
---- Tough that doesn't explain how a file in a completely different folder started playing.
User-Agent: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.11D257 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X; en_us)
User-Agent: GTVBox UPnP/1.0 GTVMediaPlayer/1.0

----- iphone using nplayer, and than airplay to AirBuddy (has 15 minute free trial. 99 cents for full version).
------ Playback stopped at first, may have conflicted with VIMU, which I than disabled
USER-AGENT: Darwin/14.0.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 nPlayer/1.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.5.0
User-Agent: nPlayer/14 CFNetwork/672.1.15 Darwin/14.0.0
(once the airplay cleared up by disabling VIMU---->
User-Agent: Android/4.2.2 UPnP/1.0 Cling/2.0
Muppetman

Post by Muppetman »

doc_gonzo

Post by doc_gonzo »

that's right, but Kodi doesn't have any DNLA Support/WAN for UMS.

So I opened a ssh server @ my WAN-Server -> it works, but is only a solution b :-O
http://picpaste.com/O4DJLadt.jpg