iPhone 4 Profile

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
iPhoneUser

iPhone 4 Profile

Post by iPhoneUser »

Hi!
First of all: nice work!

I'm very impressed of this UPNP Server. I like the responsive Interface and it helps to develop and customze in an easy way.
I'm now going to get an iPhone 4 specific Renderer File. On the iPhone I use the VidOn and the VLC Player. The VidOn Player
has the advantage that it shows the current data rate and if it is hardware or software decoded.

My goal is to create a renderer profile that stream the video as if it was stored on the device. The Video Playback of iPhone
native video material (mp4 / h.264) is very smoth.

In the attachment there is my config File. How do I have to edit it to get the best wlan experience?
The iPhone has a resolution of 960 x 640 so the resolution of the stream doesn't have to be higher. An it also doesn't need to
be 5.1 audio.

If the bandwidth of the lan is high enough (i'm connected over wireless-n) it should be possible so stream smooth wuthout lags.

Any suggestions?

Christoph
Attachments
iPad-iPhone (VidOn).conf
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Matt

Re: iPhone 4 Profile

Post by Matt »

iPhoneUser wrote: My goal is to create a renderer profile that stream the video as if it was stored on the device. The Video Playback of iPhone
native video material (mp4 / h.264) is very smoth.
The iPhone has a resolution of 960 x 640 so the resolution of the stream doesn't have to be higher. An it also doesn't need to
be 5.1 audio.
The MaxVideoWidth=960 and MaxVideoHeight=640 you specified only applies to file formats that are transcoded. Stream = format and resolution of video is unaltered (VidOn is doing the work), Transcoded = format and resolution of video is altered (UMS is doing the work). So if your MP4 files are playing fine right now, MP4 and M4V should be left as streaming (you should check your UMS configuration and see if the default is to stream or transcode; or check the log to see if the MP4 was transcoded or not). Any other formats that you're having trouble with should be specified to transcode. Change this section and test it out.

TranscodeExtensions= mkv,mov,ogg,hdmov,hdm,flac,fla,dts,asf,asx,m2v
# What extensions are forcefully streamed as is (and not transcoded)
StreamExtensions= mp4,m4v

As for audio, not sure about the config file, but from the GUI: Transcode Settings Tab, select Common Transcode Settings, under Audio Settings tab switch from 6 channels to 2. This only applies to extensions that are transcoded not streamed.