Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
jumperzz2014

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by jumperzz2014 »

I have the same issues with the XboxOne. Im only seeing the "root" folder with more "root" in it lol
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I don't have an Xbox One so I can't test it. If you can try out different renderer configs though and see if any of them allow browsing on Xbox One that would help. To do that you go to the General Configuration tab, click the "Select Renderers" button and untick Xbox One, press OK, then just below the Select Renderers option you can choose the default renderer. That will force UMS to pretend the Xbox One is whatever renderer you choose.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

whogie - pls get your logs with debug level set to trace
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Oh, sorry. I think I see now. Have a new one.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(26.07 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
Tezcatlipoca

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

Whogie wrote:The Preview program just got the DLNA update! Unfortunately, UMS is not working with it. I'm using version 4.1.1.

Firstly, it comes up as an unknown renderer.

But more importantly, the file system isn't navigable. The only folder available is "root", and every folder inside that is "root" (and again and again.) I'm not able to locate any videos to try.
Same here.

And if I then instead set the default renderer to "Xbox One", the Media Player app on the Xbox One doesn't see *anything*, let alone an empty "root".
Tezcatlipoca

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

Trace log attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(12.07 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Tezcatlipoca

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

Oh, and to add more info to that...

Running UMS on OSX 10.9.4.

In addition to the iMac and Xbox One, the network also had a Windows 8 laptop and a Synology NAS (with media server) up and running at the time of the logged test, along with an LG Smart TV.

The Media Player Preview App on the Xbox One is perfectly happy to stream media from the Synology NAS - it just won't work with UMS (or PMS, either).
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I've done some testing with the XboxOne (I still don't got the DLNA extension I'm pending in microsofts limbo). But with a std XboxOne I can using a remotecontrol app (like LocalCast) play music on my XboxOne!!!! Which is kind of cool! Videos? Yes I get it starting but for some reason UMS thinks it's best to convert the video to mp2/wmv which doesn't play on the Xbox. BUT! the important thing here is that the Xbox One tries to play!!!
So can anyone (whogie) try and play a video using this scheme? This means that you're doing the browsing from your phone and the "casting" it to the xbox. A note disable the Xbox360 and iphone and wmp render profiles first (this should be solved later).
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

UPDATE!!!!!

With my previous setup I can (after a small bug fix for remotecontrols) play an mp4 video on my Xbox One!!!!
So it's just a matter of browsing :)
Like I said in the last post first disable Xbox360 and iphone to make sure. This should be solved later on...

whogie - if possible pls try to run/build a 5.0.0 version. It might be better for this...