Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Whogie

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by Whogie »

Seperate issue with UMS 5: 9 times out of 10, the XB1 reports "No devices found". It takes a number of attempts to get it to see UMS.
UMS 4 doesn't not have this issue.

Edit: I installed UMS 5 build aaaf6f7 today, and it seems to see the Xbox consistently.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
UMS 5-a7d6b55d5 (no devices found)
(19.29 KiB) Downloaded 692 times
Last edited by Whogie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Also, I'm gonna bring this up again so that you may be able to replicate the root issue yourselves.

Windows Explorer on a networked machine does the same glitch if you navigate to UMS. It may be related to the Xbox's glitch.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
UMS 5-a7d6b55d5 (Windows Explorer root issue)
(22.05 KiB) Downloaded 658 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

According to internet sources (and they can't be wrong now can they) the DLNA update should come in the october update of the firmware. This should mean that I hopefully could debug at home and I do suspect that the problem should be fixed. Stay tuned for updates...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Whogie - I might have seen something in the logs. I don't think it solves anything but could you please try and use the HTTPv1 engine? Simply look in the general config tab and uncheck the HTTP engine v2 box (and restart). This will (probably) don't solve a thing BUT it might give me more interesting logs.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fixed it now! The problem was that XboxOne sent other stuff in the XML tags like
<ObjectID xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="string">
other renders just send <tag>. This caused UMS to not get the data that Xbox sent and it couldn't send the responses correctly. But I fixed that merged in in the 5.0.0 branch so just check out and test.
A note just. Disable the WMP and Xbox360 renders first since there is a overlap of render detection there. Or fix the detection string (I'll work on that next)...
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Great spotting, SharkHunter!
For those who want to test, here's a version with the fix: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-f478c88.exe
Once someone confirms the fix we will release a new version with it.
jumperzz2014

Post by jumperzz2014 »

Tried the newest build with your fix. I Disabled WMP and 360 but UMS still detects unknown renderer and XboxOne.

And mkv files wont work. (Unfinished Profile?)
But i can browse my files just fine now.
But is there an option like in Serviio that UMS could detect my coverart in the folder? UMS shows my coverart but not integrated like with Serviio.

Basicly XboxOne Codecs are the same as PS3. You have to transcode DTS Audio to Ac3.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I've attempted to improve MKV support in this version, please test it: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-2e928ef.exe

Also we do have cover art support, if it's not working it's a bug, are the covers using the same filename as the files?
jumperzz2014

Post by jumperzz2014 »

Will test this version.

Will report back later or tomorrow. :)
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Awesome!

MKV is playing, but not ones with DTS. I tried disabling "Keep DTS tracks", but it still fails to launch.
I'll attach a log of me trying a DTS MKV (fails) and a AC3 MKV (works).

This fix fixed that Windows Explorer thing too. :P
SharkHunter wrote:According to internet sources (and they can't be wrong now can they) the DLNA update should come in the october update of the firmware. This should mean that I hopefully could debug at home and I do suspect that the problem should be fixed. Stay tuned for updates...
Yeah, testers generally get the update that's just about to come out. Hopefully you'll be in the next cycle of testing, and maybe they'll release DTS to MKV then.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(150.64 KiB) Downloaded 705 times