Vizio E600i-B3

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Starrion

Vizio E600i-B3

Post by Starrion »

The TV says that it is DLNA compliant but I cannot figure out how to connect it to UMS.

Is there an app that I need to enable? It looks like on the older models the app used to be call "PlayApp'.
But this one seems to be missing that...

If anyone has one of these TV's and have figured out how to enable DLNA please let me know.

Thanks!!
Starrion

Re: Vizio E600i-B3

Post by Starrion »

It supports DLNA and can see UMS just find. It does take a long time to scan the drives.
Once you open a folder that contains video files it can take 30+ minutes before responding.
The whole TV acts like it locks up and none of the buttons work on the remote. You need to unplug the TV for 10 seconds to reset it.

But if you do wait it will display the list of files in the folder. Then you wait again as it tries to scan the date of the file.
If you try to open a file forget it. I lost interest at this point.

Now this was with WiFi... I am planning on getting a 100ft NIC cable tomorrow and trying it wired.
Starrion

Post by Starrion »

Ok so it seems to work a lot better wired but still has issues.

It does display folder names without issue and in a timely manner compared to wireless.
If you have a ton of video files in 1 folder it takes a long while to scan them. After it get's done scanning the file names it then tries to scan the date of file which takes forever as well.

I did manage to get a video to play with a few hickups and skips a little.

At this point in time would log files help or is it just a Vizio TV issue?
Starrion

Post by Starrion »

Plugging a USB harddrive into the TV allows the videos to play fine. The issue seems to be streaming.
Any current Vizio TV users here? I am thinking about getting another TV for the living room as you really cant beat the price for a 60".