Subtitles no longer playing on Chromecast

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Kyle101

Subtitles no longer playing on Chromecast

Post by Kyle101 »

Hello all,
I have been using UMS for a while now and overall it is amazing and does exactly what i need it for. I recently updated to the latest version and since then when I play videos( typically .mkv) to my chromecast the subtitles don't display anymore. My setup is Windows 8.1 64 bit with java7 64 bit and I use the paid version of Avia to do the casting. On other devices the subtitles are fine. ( ps3, 360, samsung tv, galaxy s5 that is running Avia) Back in version 4.0.0 or 4.0.0.1 (not sure which one exactly) I needed to disable the default android render and make a custom Android/Chromecast for it to work properly. Checking the current config file it is actually the same as the custom one I had previous used and disabling the default android now doesn't do the trick anymore. I have also tried reinstalling with a clean install of the current version to see if it made a difference and unfortunately it did not. Could I be missing a setting somewhere in UMS or could i be an issue with the Avia app itself? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I also have no problem sending the logs just let me know if you believe that would help. Thanks.