Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
wazer

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by wazer »

SubJunk wrote:
wazer wrote:Hello again

This time I'm writing for my parents house, home for Christmas, started clean ums 5.0.0-b1 installion so that you can improve/add support for UE55ES8005/UE55ES8000

Here's the debug files
Thanks a lot, wazer! We have added support for that TV in the next version :)
kkomara wrote:I do not use DLNA because I need to access my home media over VPN over the internet.

Please add HTTP support for IOS/iPhone,

Here is what works on Wild Media Server (WMS):

My video files are stored as .wmv (Video Format is wmv2, Audio format is mp3)

Video is transcoded to:

Mpegts
-vcodec h264 libx264 (yuv420p, 720x540,....)
-acodec aac libfaac (48000Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a movie to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the movie perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Audio:

My audio files are stored as .wmva(Format is wmav2)

mp3
acodec mpe libmp3ame (44100Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a song to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the song perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is this possible now with UMS by changing some kind of internal parameters ???

Thanks All !!!!
kkomara

What happens when you try to use the UMS web interface on your iPhone with UMS 5.0.0-b1?
billfish wrote:Samsung BD-C6800. UMS shows up onscreen as a device, but attempts to open it produce the message "No movie file in current device."
UMS media scan looked like it went OK.
Mac OSX 10.10.1
UMS 4.3.1
Java 8

Log file attached.
Hi billfish, I've attempted to improve support for your device in the next version. Unfortunately I can't build test versions for OS X so you'll have to wait for the release, sorry.
Enrice wrote:Hi again,

by sending via Windows Media Player I managed to identify the supported media of the HAMA IR320, which are:
mp3,wav,mp4,aac,wma

Anyway, by using UMS I was just able to play WMA as can be verified by the attached log - still only by controlling via UMS, not through the device itself.
The attachment ums_dbg.zip is no longer available
On my PANA I still get best results when excluding transcoding for MKV and AVI. What I find annoying is that you can no longer have "no encoding" as default, this can only be selected in the #TRANSCODED'# folder, when exclusion for that specific file extension is activated. For verification of this behaviour I provided another log.
The attachment ums_dbg2.zip is no longer available
Thanks for investigation (again).
Thanks for the info, Enrice! I've added those supported files for the IR320, feel free to try out the attached renderer config and let me know how it goes.
As for the Panasonic thing, in the next version there will be more videos that don't get transcoded, since we had a bug that caused too much transcoding. Some may still unnecessarily transcode, since we like to err on the side of caution (it's better to receive a transcoded video than one that doesn't work) but it will be much improved :)

Hi again, did you see my post just before the one i posted?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2379&start=20#p13577

In another note after you have read my previous post i have some more bugs for you :).

I'm wondering, i have a new file that I'm watching on my Sony TV, theres no screen simply black and SOME of the renderes gives toonish/speedy sound, also the VLC rendering has been lagging for all the days i have ever used UMS, and was wondering if theres any fix for that?

i got debug for you.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(45.27 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
RAnders00

Post by RAnders00 »

I am trying to make a media server for my television Sony Bravia KDL-40NX705/W. [The /W only stands for it's color].
I am really desperate about making my own config for it. UMS automatically detects it as Sony Bravia EX Series, which is wrong, since it is a NX device. (I tested two videos, of which one could not be played)
I hope you can make a working config for this model.
Here is some information about the device. My TV seems to only be sold in Europe, I was not able to find native english documentation.
Official Sony Documentation wrote:Still Images: JPEG
Music: MP3 or linear PCM
Video: AVCHD or MPEG2. In some cases though MPEG2 cannot be played correctly.
Source of information: [DE|EN]
What Serviio uses: Pastebin
You can find the log and config files attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(13.9 KiB) Downloaded 539 times
wazer

Post by wazer »

Aaaaaand another player logged/added via ums 5.0.0-b1 to you Sub :)

Sony BDP-480
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Sony BDP-480 - UMS-5.0.0-b1
(19.6 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
smala

Post by smala »

Hi all, :)
I'm enjoying UMS since 4.2.0 release.
Now i'm testing UMS 5.0.0b1 along with 4.3.1 (stable)

I own a Sony Xperia Z3 and is recognized by UMS 5.0.0b1 as a "ChromeCast" device.
I tried to play a chapter of an Anime (Mkv format) but UMS does transcoding to MP4 format, which breaks time-seek. My phone supports several video formats, MKV included.

As far i know, in 4.3.1 works better since it's recognized as "Android".

Test case:
1. UMS 5.0.0b1 default configuration + Sony "Film" App (which has native DLNA support) ==> video plays (in 4.3.1 crashes) with MP4 transcoding and TimeSeek KO; no way to force default MKV to get streamed

2.UMS 5.0.0b1 default configuration + BubbleUPNP w/ "sony player" ==> video plays with MP4 transcoding and TimeSeek KO; no way to force default MKV to get streamed

I've also tried MxPlayer with Bubble UPNP, but video get always transcoded to MP4, hence the problems.

In attachment: Logs + MKV detail
Attachments
259 - Rottura.mkv.txt
(7.24 KiB) Downloaded 525 times
500b1_Z3_as_Chromecast_BubbleUPNP.zip
(22.16 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
500b1_Z3_as_Chromecast.zip
(61.94 KiB) Downloaded 536 times
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

here my zip for a panasonic TC-50AS650UE
keep up the work
wish i can help more
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
panasonic TC-50AS650UE
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

here another one
the panasonic bdt-360 dvd player
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
panasonic bdt-360 dvd player
(105.91 KiB) Downloaded 533 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Enrice wrote:Hi.

Regarding the ir320: sorry to say, still no files listed at all. :cry: I never have seen any file listed with any version and any renderer config when using UMS.
Something deeply more general must be the problem, since I am able to see (and play) them from win8 media player as well as Plex media server.
Hi Enrice, do you know which profile Plex is using for the IR320? It doesn't seem to have a specific one for that device.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

rhauff wrote:Sony Bluray player BDP-BX510 has problems playing many video types. I'll start with this one:
Trying to play an iphone video, the video comes up shows maybe 1 second of video, no audio, then freezes. I am unable to power down the player, and must pull the power plug to restart it.

UMS version 5.0.0-b1 on Ubuntu (same problem occurs on version 4.3 and 4.2, have not tested earlier)
The renderer is properly detected as a Sony Bluray

I have attached the debug log zip file, and the specification file (change extension to .pdf to open it)

Thanks for the help!
Hi rhauff, please try this version and let me know how it goes: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-74253d2.tgz :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

wazer wrote:
SubJunk wrote:
wazer wrote:Hello again

This time I'm writing for my parents house, home for Christmas, started clean ums 5.0.0-b1 installion so that you can improve/add support for UE55ES8005/UE55ES8000

Here's the debug files
Thanks a lot, wazer! We have added support for that TV in the next version :)
kkomara wrote:I do not use DLNA because I need to access my home media over VPN over the internet.

Please add HTTP support for IOS/iPhone,

Here is what works on Wild Media Server (WMS):

My video files are stored as .wmv (Video Format is wmv2, Audio format is mp3)

Video is transcoded to:

Mpegts
-vcodec h264 libx264 (yuv420p, 720x540,....)
-acodec aac libfaac (48000Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a movie to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the movie perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Audio:

My audio files are stored as .wmva(Format is wmav2)

mp3
acodec mpe libmp3ame (44100Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a song to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the song perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is this possible now with UMS by changing some kind of internal parameters ???

Thanks All !!!!
kkomara

What happens when you try to use the UMS web interface on your iPhone with UMS 5.0.0-b1?
billfish wrote:Samsung BD-C6800. UMS shows up onscreen as a device, but attempts to open it produce the message "No movie file in current device."
UMS media scan looked like it went OK.
Mac OSX 10.10.1
UMS 4.3.1
Java 8

Log file attached.
Hi billfish, I've attempted to improve support for your device in the next version. Unfortunately I can't build test versions for OS X so you'll have to wait for the release, sorry.
Enrice wrote:Hi again,

by sending via Windows Media Player I managed to identify the supported media of the HAMA IR320, which are:
mp3,wav,mp4,aac,wma

Anyway, by using UMS I was just able to play WMA as can be verified by the attached log - still only by controlling via UMS, not through the device itself.
ums_dbg.zip
On my PANA I still get best results when excluding transcoding for MKV and AVI. What I find annoying is that you can no longer have "no encoding" as default, this can only be selected in the #TRANSCODED'# folder, when exclusion for that specific file extension is activated. For verification of this behaviour I provided another log.
ums_dbg2.zip
Thanks for investigation (again).
Thanks for the info, Enrice! I've added those supported files for the IR320, feel free to try out the attached renderer config and let me know how it goes.
As for the Panasonic thing, in the next version there will be more videos that don't get transcoded, since we had a bug that caused too much transcoding. Some may still unnecessarily transcode, since we like to err on the side of caution (it's better to receive a transcoded video than one that doesn't work) but it will be much improved :)

Hi again, did you see my post just before the one i posted?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2379&start=20#p13577

In another note after you have read my previous post i have some more bugs for you :).

I'm wondering, i have a new file that I'm watching on my Sony TV, theres no screen simply black and SOME of the renderes gives toonish/speedy sound, also the VLC rendering has been lagging for all the days i have ever used UMS, and was wondering if theres any fix for that?

i got debug for you.
Hey wazer :) I saw the post but I'm not sure what the cause is for those issues yet, we have an upcoming version 4.4.0 and if they still happen with that please make a forum thread for them specifically :)
With that black file, it seems like it's unusually-encoded (abnormal framerate, for example) so I'd look for a better source of that video.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

RAnders00 wrote:I am trying to make a media server for my television Sony Bravia KDL-40NX705/W. [The /W only stands for it's color].
I am really desperate about making my own config for it. UMS automatically detects it as Sony Bravia EX Series, which is wrong, since it is a NX device. (I tested two videos, of which one could not be played)
I hope you can make a working config for this model.
Here is some information about the device. My TV seems to only be sold in Europe, I was not able to find native english documentation.
Official Sony Documentation wrote:Still Images: JPEG
Music: MP3 or linear PCM
Video: AVCHD or MPEG2. In some cases though MPEG2 cannot be played correctly.
Source of information: [DE|EN]
What Serviio uses: Pastebin
You can find the log and config files attached.
Hi RAnders00, thanks for the info. Based on that I've started a config for NX70x series TVs, please test it by installing this: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-faa022e.exe