Subtitles problem

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
pipin

Re: Subtitles problem

Post by pipin »

valib wrote:Guys I checked both logs and it seems to me that it is not the UMS problem. UMS sends correctly subtitles to the TV only ones when TV starts to play a movie. There is not a message to send other subtitles when the video is playing. So it seems to be your TV's bug. Or maybe I am wrong :|
Sorry, I just forgot about the logs, but thx to JohnSigsaw and Bachusan.

The problem didn't exist in all ums versions. I will try some older versions.

Btw the problem doesnt appear when ums is closed between playing two files with subtitles.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
ceasar

Post by ceasar »

Same problem here. Even after the previous movie was deleted it shows
reno666

Post by reno666 »

I have same problem.
I solve that after install older version UMS 3.6.4.
My problem now is too small font.
JohnJigsaw

Post by JohnJigsaw »

valib wrote:
Btw the problem doesnt appear when ums is closed between playing two files with subtitles.
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem... I will try installing the older version of UMS
sallek08

Post by sallek08 »

I have the same problem with my 48hu7500, i have no idea what ums updates are can someone please help me with my problem???
weehaa

Post by weehaa »

Hi guys, I am having exactly the same problem, I have noticed that subtitles tend to mix up by the end of the video, lets say from fourth quarter to end..
I have just spent more than hour googling in various languages, so far no help..:(
jotmaster

Post by jotmaster »

Hi there,

Isn't a TV bug, I started watching Smallville, and for example, I watch S03E19 and then, when I watch S03E20 at the end of the episode, the subtitles start merging with the latest episode and so on. This "stops" happening if I restart the PC (if I quit UMS and start again keeps happening), so the first episode doesn't have merged subtitles, but of course, the next episode does.

The video types I'm watching are .mkv without internal subtitles, and have .srt with same filename as the episode. Removing other episodes's .srt from folder doesn't fix the issue, I think the problem is with some temporary or cache files (I don't have cache enabled in navigation/share settings).

If you need any further data let me know.

Best regards,
Julian.
-----------
Devices used with UMS : Windows 8.1 x64 PC, Samsung UN32H5500
pipin

Post by pipin »

What TV are you using?

I noticed that with version 5.1.1 restarting UMS didnt solve the problem any more. I have to restart the pc, too.

Maybe its a problem with java?
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
jotmaster

Post by jotmaster »

pipin wrote:What TV are you using?
Mine is Samsung UN32H5500
pipin wrote:Maybe its a problem with java?
I don't know, .exe version doesn't run to me.
EDIT: ok, manually downloaded Java 8 for Winx64 and now .exe works, I'll be testing if this change anything.

Best regards,
Julian.
-----------
jotmaster

Post by jotmaster »

Hi,

Okay, I think I got some workaround, I tested last night. Turning off and on the TV, between reproductions (in my case series episodes), avoid the subtitle mixing problem for me.

Best regards.
-----------