Oppo Blu-ray Players

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
counsil

Re: Oppo Blu-ray Players

Post by counsil »

SubJunk,

Please see my post in the feature enhancements thread regarding the ability to choose which config to use for each device. It would fix this problem, as well as, which the Denon's (some Denon's can natively play FLAC and others can't... and so on).
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

tmittleider wrote:Tried again, both before and after setting "Maximum bandwidth" to 0 - same result. debug.log from latest attempt (after setting bandwidth to 0, saving, quitting, and restarting) is attached.
Well looking at the debug.log it seems that it's getting a connection of around 40Mbps, so maybe it's on a more limited connection or that's all the OPPO can handle when streaming via a network
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

FYI, I contacted OPPO support and they suggest it's a hardware limitation that cannot be addressed via firmware. Add one to the "OPPO Support Rocks" column - multiple emails and questions addressed within one hour.

OPPO response:
You are likely hitting a limitation of the Ethernet hardware in the player. The player was not initially designed with any streaming capabilities in mind other than for BD-LIVE, so the Ethernet interface was not designed for high, consistent bandwidth. This is a hardware limitation that we will not be able to address through a future firmware release.
And after following up to confirm max bandwith:
Our current players do not have any known network limitations as they were designed from the beginning to support DLNA DMP with a high bitrate.

Unfortunately with the BDP-83 we have not done testing to determine what the maximum sustained bitrate is, but it is likely around 22Mbps.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Well that's a shame! So you can try using a lower value for Video quality settings -> MPEG-2 Options in the Transcoding Settings tab, and if your CPU is fast enough you can lower the maximum bandwidth option in the General Configuration tab. However the lower that value gets, the slower transcoding gets, so I don't really recommend that other than to experiment.
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately my CPU is a dinosaur and can’t handle transcoding in real time. I’d rather skip transcoding entirely to maintain quality and either use local storage or get another streaming client that can handle high bitrates… sounds like a good excuse to upgrade. :D
jghoo

Post by jghoo »

K I'll admit it. I must be thick as a brick. I have tried most every server out there but none have done a good job with my 83. I am now trying UMS but cannot get it to see my oppo. Every other server has found it no problem but have varying issues with transcoding. I have the unit attached with a cat5e. Running win 7 x64 pro. any help would be great.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi jghoo, please post your debug.log after trying to find it
paganos

Post by paganos »

Hi,

After many years of using PMS with a PS3 I have finally moved from an old Oppo DVD player (great by the way) to a sparkling new BDP-105. I also Upgraded my DLNA software to UMS. Most things work quite well and the 105 is detected as BDP-93.

However, I have two questions:
  • 1) When listing flac files from my PC server (both 16 and 24 bit) the file selection on the Oppo always shows two versions of the flac. One has the flac icon and the other has an mpg icon. As I'm stgarting out with the standard Oppo BDP-93 config file I wonder if there is something I should change.

2) Which leads to my next question. I've been trying to put together a more modern Oppo BDP-105 file. I am able to detect and load a customized conf. I am trying to add all of the files types actually supported by the Oppo to the stream extensions and supported lists along with their respective renderers. I especially would like the flac files to about to go up to 6 chanels, 192,000 Hz without transcoding. Instead all of my 96,000 Hz files disappear!
Here is what I am setting my StreamExstensions and Supported configurations to:

Code: Select all

StreamExtensions= aac,ape,asf,avi,dat,divx,flac,gif,jpg,m2t,m2ts,m4a,mp1,mp2,mp3,mp4,mpeg,mpg,mka,mkv,mov,pcm,png,QT,ts,vob,wav,wma,wmv,xvid

MediaInfo=true
# --- video ---
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts	v:mpeg1|mpeg2	a:ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mpeg 
Supported = f:mpegts	v:h264|vc1	a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts
Supported = f:mp4|mov|QT v:mp4|h264	a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mpeg|mpg|dat|vob  v:mpeg1|mpeg2	 a:ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mpeg 
Supported = f:m2t|m2ts|ts  v:mp4|mpeg2|h264|vc1  a:aac|ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mpeg 
Supported = f:ogm  v:mp4|mpeg2|h264|wmv	 a:ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mpeg 
######### NON-US MODELS: CHANGE THE FOLLOWING 2 MIME-TYPES TO m:video/divx
Supported = f:avi|divx|xvid v:divx|mp4|mpeg2|h264|vc1|wmv a:ac3|lpcm|mp2|mp3|dts|wma m:video/avi
Supported = f:mkv	v:mpeg2|mp4|divx|h264|vc1	 a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/x-matroska
Supported = f:wmv  v:mp4|wmv|vc1  a:ac3|wma|lpcm|mp3|mpa	m:video/x-ms-wmv 
Supported = f:asf  v:mp4|wmv|vc1  a:ac3|wma|lpcm|mp3|mpa	m:video/x-ms-asf 
# --- audio ---
Supported = f:wma	n:2	m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:aac  m:audio/aac
Supported = f:m4a  m:audio/m4a
Supported = f:mka  m:audio/x-matroska
Supported = f:mp1|mp2|mp3	n:2	m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:lpcm|pcm n:6 s:192000 m:audio/L24
Supported = f:wav n:6 s:192000 m:audio/wave
Supported = f:flac n:6 s:192000 m:audio/flac
Supported = f:ape n:2 s:96000 m:audio/ape
If anyone sees anything obviously wrong, please let me know. Thanks.
cmg

Post by cmg »

Hi,

did you have any luck and could create a conf file for the Oppo BDP-105?
If you did, could you share it since I also have an Oppo BDP-105 and have been trying to create an conf file.
Triplefun

Post by Triplefun »

The oppo nic is limited to 50mbs.