update to Panasonic.conf

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
menometquadi

Re: update to Panasonic.conf

Post by menometquadi »

Doxeng wrote::ugeek:

I have a very large collection of files in all formats and I had been playing with the panasonic.conf file, now I have very much every format streaming to a TC-P65ST50 Smart viera Panasonic.

Most files are natively supported by the TV set so no encoding is needed for JPEG, SD-Video, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, 3GPP, PS, TS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, HE-AAC, and AC3 file

So, a bunch of things just commented out # in the .conf file, I have FFmpeg as first engine in the list for transcoding

Two issues remain with the file, when a video file audio portion is encoded to mpeg the playback has a delay of around 1.5 to 2 seconds. (it seems a lot of renderers have the same issue, however, using another media server I do have this issue

The DLNA client in the DLNA tv screen, also displays the resume files as part of the file list, so if you play partially 2 or 3 files, it creates 2 or 3 resume files in the list.

my .conf file is attached, a bit messy , very much all video formats play
thank you for sharing
turbo78

Post by turbo78 »

I have a problem playing audio...

I have Panasonic TX-P50ST50

Have the latest universal media server...

Have a lot of music in separate FLAC and APE songs and a lot of CUE+FLAC or CUE+APE albums...

Nothing is playing with default panasonic config file... the files are listed, i can click on play, the play window appears on TV but no sound or the time is not displayed either....

Can someone help me?

The TV is connected to a Yamaha Receiver, which amplifies the audio to B&W speakers....
Monica Jae

Post by Monica Jae »

ExSport wrote:I have one Plasma 3D and one LCD non-3D Viera TVs and both supports DivX. SubJunk has PanTV and also his one supports DivX. Trust me.
You are the first one who complains about AVI (DivX/XviD) files that they are not natively supported.
I hate the fact that AVI isn't supported. I was actually quite irritated because I could swear I had watched some .avi's recently. It wasn't until I tried using DLNA that I noticed it. Then I tried playing some through a flash drive and was kinda taken aback that those also weren't readable. A quite a few videos I download and watch are .avi. I think my issue was that I was accessing the actual vids directly through the TV. I own an ST60. Obviously if I extend my laptop desktop and drag a media player over and play an AVI through that there won't be issues.
:|

Just thought I'd stick my $0.02 in. I don't even use UMS...yet. I just happened to be google'ng a weird error message I was getting from my DivX player when trying to stream. Just cannot seem to do it with that. So, I'll probably go ahead and download UMS. DivX doesn't even have a hint of this model in their supported devices. Got a lot 'a Samsung, tho. Like, why? :?
Monica Jae

Post by Monica Jae »

menometquadi wrote:
Doxeng wrote::ugeek:

I have a very large collection of files in all formats and I had been playing with the panasonic.conf file, now I have very much every format streaming to a TC-P65ST50 Smart viera Panasonic.

Most files are natively supported by the TV set so no encoding is needed for JPEG, SD-Video, AVCHD, MP4, AVI, MKV, FLV, 3GPP, PS, TS, MPEG1, MPEG2, MP3, HE-AAC, and AC3 file

So, a bunch of things just commented out # in the .conf file, I have FFmpeg as first engine in the list for transcoding

Two issues remain with the file, when a video file audio portion is encoded to mpeg the playback has a delay of around 1.5 to 2 seconds. (it seems a lot of renderers have the same issue, however, using another media server I do have this issue

The DLNA client in the DLNA tv screen, also displays the resume files as part of the file list, so if you play partially 2 or 3 files, it creates 2 or 3 resume files in the list.

my .conf file is attached, a bit messy , very much all video formats play
thank you for sharing
lol :lol:
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Monica you're going to love UMS!

What kind of PC/Server do you plan on running it from?
Monica Jae

Post by Monica Jae »

Hi there!

I did download it and yes, I have to admit I'm becoming quite fond of it this early in the game!

Well, um, I guess I plan to run it from UMS? lol I have the tc-p55st60, but I was having issues with certain formats playing, e.g., MPEG2-PS? I am employing most codecs, I'm assuming. MEncoder, ffmpeg, avisynth/MEncoder, AviSynth/FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, VLC Video Streaming, PMSEncoder, and a couple more dealing with audio. Is there something I'm missing?

I downloaded your .conf. Should I be saving it as UMS.conf? Or is there a way to set the default configuration? I can't seem to find an option for that in the server settings. Do I do it in MPlayer? I don't launch it with UMS...should I? Don't mean to overwhelm with the queries, but I feel kinda desperate. i hate having to plugin a 16 foot HDMI cable to my laptop in order to stream.

Well, just played with DLNA just now and am getting the format to play after all! YAY! Is the server utilizing your .conf? I did open up MPLayer, but It didn't show up as a "server". So I chose UMS. If it ain't broke I guess i ain't gonna fix it. :mrgreen:
Monica Jae

Post by Monica Jae »

DeFlanko wrote:Monica you're going to love UMS!

What kind of PC/Server do you plan on running it from?
yes, lovin it :)
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Monica Jae wrote:Hi there!

I did download it and yes, I have to admit I'm becoming quite fond of it this early in the game!

Well, um, I guess I plan to run it from UMS? lol I have the tc-p55st60, but I was having issues with certain formats playing, e.g., MPEG2-PS? I am employing most codecs, I'm assuming. MEncoder, ffmpeg, avisynth/MEncoder, AviSynth/FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, VLC Video Streaming, PMSEncoder, and a couple more dealing with audio. Is there something I'm missing?

I downloaded your .conf. Should I be saving it as UMS.conf? Or is there a way to set the default configuration? I can't seem to find an option for that in the server settings. Do I do it in MPlayer? I don't launch it with UMS...should I? Don't mean to overwhelm with the queries, but I feel kinda desperate. i hate having to plugin a 16 foot HDMI cable to my laptop in order to stream.

Well, just played with DLNA just now and am getting the format to play after all! YAY! Is the server utilizing your .conf? I did open up MPLayer, but It didn't show up as a "server". So I chose UMS. If it ain't broke I guess i ain't gonna fix it. :mrgreen:
The "out of the box" install should be fine for your needs. no need to install a Codec pack or anything like that.

If you have an issue with your media not showing up on yoru renderer then the best thing to do is to start a new thread with your packed debug zip files. Check the link in my sig. :)

Basically if your Render is on the same LAN as your "server" that's running UMS. then for most TV's i think it should show up as an input source in your tv menu...
zzricezz

Post by zzricezz »

By default shouldn't MEncoder always work if the intent for it to transcode it to a format that the Panasonic tv can accept? I get Cannot read file, unless I watch the MKV with TsMux, But sometime I would like to watch a movie with subtitles and that where I run into issues. Anyone figure a way to watch movies with subtitles?
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Yes, me and other thousands of people.
Please open new thread with attached debug.log and description what was played, what went wrong....