ums-mlx [2015-11-25 v1.4]

Discuss third party additions, plugins and translations for Universal Media Server
taconaut

Re: ums-mlx [2015-11-25 v1.4]

Post by taconaut » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 am

@mediamelt I'm done with a first version you can try. It can be downloaded from here (code); just place the jar in the plugins folder.

Some notes:
- NFOs for movies and series are supported (tested with the ones you've attached).
- Only the NFOs having the same name as the video file (with *.nfo extension) will be used; tvshow.nfo is not being used.
- For now thumbnails are being downloaded from the web if a link is included in the NFO. I might change this, but currently there is no mechanism in place to pass a link to an existing file in the file system und just use it.
- Your NFOs got some bad encoding for special characters e.g. Umlauts; this has to be fixed/configured on the kodi side.

Give it a go and tell me what's missing :)

mediamelt

Post by mediamelt » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:58 pm

@taconaut:

Excellent!

You done it much faster then expected, i am impressed ;)

Unless there is an major issue, i will do extense tests and case studies with this over the next days, so don't worry if you aren't hear from me for a while, i am only still busy collecting experiences, problems and recommendations for you then. So i can give you compressed and detailed reply on this plugin to avoid discussing/working on every single minor issues/recommendation seperately ;)

@infidel:

To be honest, i was already expecting that my second post maybe would be neccessary, while writing the first post ;) But i wanted to to hear about it in general first, not only to avoid enormous masses of text at first post, but also to clarifiy if there are some basic obstacles i was unable to foresee, that turns further discussion obsoloete at all. So your comment was very handy to me ;)

You guys: my very best regards to you ;)

taconaut

Post by taconaut » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:10 pm

@mediamelt cool :) I've made some changes to support existing files for thumbnails (*-poster.jpg and *-thumb.jpg) as you've suggested. As this required changes in the mlx base code you'll have to install the full SANPSHOT build though. Additionally, the description in the about panel is now more descriptive. Btw if you want to contribute and localize the messages, you could translate the messages.

taconaut

Post by taconaut » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:52 pm

@mediamelt Is the Kodie-NFO plugin working as expected? Can it be included as is in the next release?

mediamelt

Post by mediamelt » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:07 am

Hello!

Please excuse my long inactivity. I was extremly blocked in free time by my work due to too much staff illnesses badly timed along all the additional business that was to do during the last few weeks. I wasen't able to have a look at the new version at all.

Sorry for that, but every year someone has to be the douchebag that is catching sh... ...it all :o

The first version was almost functioning as expected, i skip reporting the details and issues here and prefer to do over with new version. Starting tomorrow and reporting in the next few days. And of course i take a look on the messages, if i able to translate them.

Hearing soon, thank you, a happy new year and my best regards ;)

Sech

Post by Sech » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:29 am

Is there away to reset the play count of a video?

taconaut

Post by taconaut » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:46 pm

@Sech When selecting the video in the library view you can increase/decrease by hitting CTRL+/CTRL-

Sech

Post by Sech » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:25 am

Thank you so much.

delbocavista

Post by delbocavista » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:26 am

I think the MLX version of UMS offers a TON of added functionality. I am struggling with a couple of items though as discussed here @ viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12860 that I would love some help on. Trying my luck here as this seems to be the most relevant thread to the MLX project. I've also sent a message to taconaut but unsure if they are still active.

Does anyone here happen to have the original JAR version of the KodiNfoImportPlugin that taconaut references? If not, anyone willing to walk me through building (compiling?) my own version off of the linked GIT code?

taconaut wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:37 am
@mediamelt I'm done with a first version you can try. It can be downloaded from here (code); just place the jar in the plugins folder.

Some notes:
- NFOs for movies and series are supported (tested with the ones you've attached).
- Only the NFOs having the same name as the video file (with *.nfo extension) will be used; tvshow.nfo is not being used.
- For now thumbnails are being downloaded from the web if a link is included in the NFO. I might change this, but currently there is no mechanism in place to pass a link to an existing file in the file system und just use it.
- Your NFOs got some bad encoding for special characters e.g. Umlauts; this has to be fixed/configured on the kodi side.

Give it a go and tell me what's missing :)