Interfaced: A Plex/Trakt/Pushover Script (2012.12.02)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
righteousbs

Interfaced: A Plex/Trakt/Pushover Script (2012.12.02)

Post by righteousbs »

Interfaced Script: A Plex/Trakt/Pushover Script for use with Jumpy Plugin within Universal Media Server

Description:
Use this script to interface Plex, Trakt, and Pushover with Universal Media Server through the Jumpy Plugin.

Serve your Plex library within Universal Media Server, scrobble your watched videos back to Plex and Trakt, and send push notifications to Pushover.

Plex Media Server-->Interfaced-->Jumpy-->Universal Media Server-->Client (PS3, etc.)
Client-->Universal Media Server-->Jumpy-->Interfaced-->Plex, Trakt, Pushover

Download:
https://github.com/righteousbs/Interfac ... erfaced.py

Usage:
Install Plex and media to your library
Install Universal Media Server
Install Jumpy Plugin
Setup Trakt and/or Pushover Accounts
Download Interfaced.py, modify the script per Plex, Trakt, Pushover Account Settings
Configure jumpy-scripts.ini with the following:

Code: Select all

[Interfaced]
   cmd = "YOURPATHTOTHESCRIPT\Interfaced.py"
Start up Universal Media Server

Change Log:
Publishes the entire Plex library including all Plex supported media filters, as well as a couple of personalized custom filters.
Sample List of Plex supported media filter by media type:
All Shows/Movies/Artists
Unwatched
Recently Added/Released, Aired, Viewed
On Deck
By Collection, First Letter, Genre, Year, Decade, Director, Starring, Country, Content Rating, Resolution, Folder, Album

Personalized custom filters:
All Unwatched Videos
All Recently Added Videos

Currently supports the following video categories from your Plex library:
Unwatched
Recently Added

Origin Story:
I am a simple man with simple dreams. I want to maintain a neatly organized media library and I want to easily access my new content on my PS3 without having to drill down all the layers of structured folders.

My media consuming habits have been strewn with many manually intensive processes. I have been retrieving media and storing it in a dedicated new arrival folder, which is served with Universal Media Server. After I watch the show I move the file to a storage folder and add it to my digital library using TV Rename. This process has taken a toll on me.

So I have finally made the jump and migrated to alternative tools which have proved useful in streamlining my media consumption process. The Interfaced script is the conclusion of this process.

I am a long time fan of Universal Media Server. The tool is extremely versatile at serving all types media content to my PS3, however the only feature that I find lacking is support for functional media library indexing.

Plex is an excellent media library host and indexing tool and it happens to support DLNA. After using Plex for a few weeks I just cant get enough of the various indexing options available (Recently Added, Watched, On Deck, etc.), I just wish the Plex DLNA playback on the PS3 was better (Plex transcodes my media even when PS3 can natively play it).

So I decided that marrying the two provided the best solution that satisfies my nit-picky needs. This script is my attempt to solving a long sought after solution to a versatile Media Library and Media Server system. This has made my life easier, maybe it will do the same for you.
Last edited by righteousbs on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
righteousbs

Re: Interfaced: A Plex/Trakt/Pushover Script

Post by righteousbs »

Infidel has provided a batch file to install all the necessary dependencies for the Jumpy plugin, however some of you have had issues with the latest installer (https://github.com/downloads/skeptical/ ... -setup.zip). I have had yet to try using his latest one so I cant comment on why its not working, you'll need to get in touch with Infidel (PMS forums). As an alternative you could try his prior release https://github.com/downloads/righteousb ... nstall.zip. Just unzip it anywhere and double-click the py27chk.bat file, which will download and install python 2.7.1 and py4j.

I have had luck with the py27-py4j-install.zip dependency installation on my system for use with Jumpy Plugin v0.2.1.

Hope this helps.
lastmoexit

Post by lastmoexit »

this sounds very interesting and something that i would love to try and implement, but it is rather confusing for me following the steps necessary to achieve the desired result ...i take no offense in being spoken to as a complete noob, and on that note would love and appreciate a step-by-step of how to make this work ...hell, i can't even get the plugins from the UMS interface to install ...click on one, quick microsecond small box flash and nothing has changed ...all that i read here makes my head spin with the potential, but i don't know how to make it work ...all and any help would be extremely appreciated ...if you don't want to reply here, feel free to pm me ...remember, i am Lenny and you are George ...thanks ...peace
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

lastmoexit wrote:hell, i can't even get the plugins from the UMS interface to install ...click on one, quick microsecond small box flash and nothing has changed
Make sure you are running UMS as administrator :)
In the next version there is a reminder about that in the program
righteousbs

Post by righteousbs »

Not exactly sure where your trouble lies, if it is with trying to get the Jumpy plugin installed and the posted batch files don't work, their is a new windows executable installer that Infidel has compiled that will setup Jumpy (plugin and all its dependencies) in one fell swoop. Follow his Windows Quick Setup and we'll move on from there.

http://skeptical.github.com/jumpy/readm ... WIN32SETUP

-Note: I am new to the forums and my PM is disabled
lastmoexit

Post by lastmoexit »

SubJunk wrote:Make sure you are running UMS as administrator :)
In the next version there is a reminder about that in the program
thank you ...this worked to install the plugins ...now their working correctly will take more time ...funny that i'm the only one that uses this computer and have myself as admin, Win7 Pro ...will i need to install jumpy as admin, too ...what about xbmc? ...does it need installation, as well? ...sorry for the barrage ...thanks ...peace

:edit: TED Talks have never worked for me, plus channels cat is there now but no channels to choose from
righteousbs

Post by righteousbs »

lastmoexit wrote: ...will i need to install jumpy as admin, too ...what about xbmc?
You ought to run the Jumpy installer as admin too. The Jumpy plugin is kind of a two for one deal, it provides the ability to execute Scripts AND XBMC plugins from UMS. As for my Interfaced Script...it is unnecessary to install XBMC. However if you wish to use XBMC plugins within your PS3, by all means and install XBMC.