Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Okatawo

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by Okatawo »

full :)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(33.34 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Okatawo wrote:I Try UMS 2.6.5 , But when I installed jumpy still looking xbox.
Please explain further, I don't quite understand if UMS 2.6.5 works for you or not.
Okatawo wrote:full :)
Thanks :) , but alas not enough info in the logs. I should explain the purpose of what we're trying. If you see video items in WEB folders but not jumpy (which produces similar items) it would be good to compare the information being sent to the XBOX 360 for each type of item, i.e. working vs failing. This requires that you open a WEB folder containing video items so the logs will show what information is being sent, then similarly open a jumpy folder. Another user (Casper) found a good test-case for this type of excercise which is TED, so (using UMS 2.6.5 or 3.0.0-a5 if possible):
  • Install the xbmc TED Talks addon.
  • Navigate to Web > TED > TEDTalks (video) to show the video items.
  • Navigate to Jumpy > [xbmc] TED Talks > Newest Talks.
and send the TRACE logs.
S7eele

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by S7eele »

infidel wrote:
S7eele wrote: I have had things running to where when I added a bookmark I actually saw your message screen stating success but now all I get are the "cannot display file content type' or whatever.
Jumpy messages depend on presence of imagemagick convert.exe in the win32 folder. Both UMS and PMS used to include it but have dropped it in the latest versions. The jumpy installer will install it if it's not found, so depending on how you updated UMS/jumpy it may be missing.

As to the messages themselves, it varies by renderer, I think. For instance on my Sony Bluray any short video (20 seconds or less such as the default UMS "option enabled" checkmark message) always triggers a "corrupted" error. On android or xbmc they work ok (and the PS3 too afaik).
@Infidel -

Thanks for that response and apologies if it seems I jump in to ask a question and then dissapear, I have a crazy work schedule that keeps me away for week(s) at a time. I am going to do a clean install since I have so many updates to do but remembered something about the Jumpy messages that might help until I can get a log to you, assuming its still a problem after a fresh install. The problem with the Jumpy messages not working was using a PS3, UMS running on Vista 64. I played around with it a little bit after reading your reply above and found a pattern. Seems that when I execute any of the Jumpy "Examples" (OK, Error, Countdown, etc.) it fails the first try but works correctly thereafter, showing the intended Jumpy message screen instead of the "corrupted" message that is displayed the first time I try it. Just additional data I thought might help. After I get caught up and perform a clean install I will do some testing and submit logs as necessary.

Thanks!
Peace!
Okatawo

Post by Okatawo »

Install the xbmc TED Talks addon.
Navigate to Web > TED > TEDTalks (video) to show the video items.
Navigate to Jumpy > [xbmc] TED Talks > Newest Talks.
Done, and dont work. The same effect as the [xbmc] weeb.tv - folders empty and there is no video.
using UMS 2.6.5 or 3.0.0-a5 if possible)
This does not work, when I installed the plugin jumpty, does not connect with the Xbox. He does not see him. I still write "waiting for renders" in the main window.
Attachments
ums_dbg 2.6.4.zip
(14.18 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
ums_dbg 3.0.0-a5.zip
this is UMS 3.0.0
(16.3 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
ums_dbg.zip
This 2.4
(40.55 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

@Okatawo: There are a lot of different things going on :)
  • The problem you are having with UMS 2.6.5/3.0.0-a5 is this one, launching UMS once from an Administrator account will fix it.
  • The UMS 2.6.4 log won't show enough info to help us, try UMS 3.0.0-a5 first.
  • Enable resolve_at_playback in jumpy.conf for these logs:

Code: Select all

resolve_at_playback=true
  • Navigate all the way to the end of both WEB and Jumpy TED folders again and send the logs
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

S7eele wrote:The problem with the Jumpy messages not working was using a PS3 ... it fails the first try but works correctly thereafter
Thanks S7eele, very useful :) . When you get a chance please attach a TRACE log.
Okatawo

Post by Okatawo »

When i open UMS 3.0 as admin, it work but still i dont watch video.
Attachments
ums_dbg 3.0.0-a5.zip
(154.53 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Okatawo wrote:When i open UMS 3.0 as admin, it work
Finally some progress :).
Okatawo wrote:but still i dont watch video.
  • You can see video items on the xbox in both Web and jumpy folders?
  • If yes, send logs that show attempted video playback (for both types, if possible).
Okatawo

Post by Okatawo »

Pictures in web folder i can see. But video i dont, folders in video still empty
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Okatawo wrote:Pictures in web folder i can see. But video i dont, folders in video still empty
Sorry Okatawo, it seems this is a general problem with the XBOX and not specific to jumpy. Searching the forums (UMS and also PMS) I found several old mentions of web content failing on the XBOX, but no useful solutions or insights. Another jumpy user reported similar XBOX problems a few months ago but it was inconclusive.

It's not clear to me what the state of xbox support is for web content, perhaps other XBOX 360 users can shed some light here?