Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
R9deLima

Re: Jumpy Plugin (18 December 2013)

Post by R9deLima »

The new Jumpy update didn't do the trick. Thanks though Infidel.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

R9deLima wrote:The new Jumpy update didn't do the trick. Thanks though Infidel.
You're welcome and happy holidays. That buffering problem has nothing to do with jumpy btw, I was just expressing sympathy ;).
nismoxr34

Post by nismoxr34 »

I am having trouble getting Hulu or any videos to load with Jumpy. I recently switched from PMS and I remember I had to recompile FFMpeg then, which I did this time. Also compiled my own RTMP Dump from homebrew. Attached are my logs.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(90.25 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nismoxr34 wrote:I remember I had to recompile FFMpeg then, which I did this time. Also compiled my own RTMP Dump from homebrew.
You need to recompile your ffmpeg with librtmp support (luckily you've got everything in place already :)). I don't know the details of brew, etc, but basically:
  • 'make install' rtmpdump (if you haven't already) to make librtmp available.
  • rerun your ffmpeg configure with --enable-librtmp added to the options.
  • if configure can't find librtmp, you may need to tweak your $PKG_CONFIG_PATH first (see here).
  • rebuild.
What's happening now is that for rtmpe urls jumpy is reverting to its old-style (and now UMS-incompatible) pmsencoder support since your ffmpeg can't handle that protocol.
nismoxr34

Post by nismoxr34 »

looking at the compiled and installed version of ffmpeg, it has librtmp configured into it. I am still unable to watch anything on jumpy.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(97.93 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nismoxr34 wrote:looking at the compiled and installed version of ffmpeg, it has librtmp configured into it.
DEBUG 2014-01-09 09:49:35.225 [main] FFmpeg supported protocols: [cache, concat, crypto, data, ffrtmphttp, file, gopher, hls, http, httpproxy, mmsh, mmst, pipe, rtmp, rtmpt, rtp, srtp, tcp, udp, mms]
UMS isn't finding your ffmpeg then. The one being used (likely its own binary in the osx subfolder) doesn't support rtmpe (which means it wasn't compiled with --enable-librtmp), so
  • specify the full path to your ffmpeg in UMS.conf:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg_path = /full/path/to/your/ffmpeg
  • or rename osx/ffmpeg so UMS can't find it (assuming your own ffmpeg is in your $PATH).
nismoxr34

Post by nismoxr34 »

Getting there! I am able to stream some video and maybe 2 seconds of audio, but then the audio disappears and then video plays for an additional 3 seconds. I had this problem before (when I recompiled ffmpeg) but thought it was another problem so I ended up just reinstall UMS. Well its back again.

Thank you for all the help so far Infidel!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(95.47 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nismoxr34 wrote:I am able to stream some video and maybe 2 seconds of audio
It looks like an addon-related (or possibly internal librtmp) issue.
  • are your other addons, e.g. youtube vimeo, working?
  • what happens if you try the (standard) Hulu addon in xbmc?
    • On linux it plays for me in UMS but only for 7 or 8 minutes. In xbmc itself it cuts off immediately like you describe. It may be broken.
    • There's also a hulu-beta addon which is working in xbmc for me but not with jumpy, I'll look into it and post back.
  • also (before you ask :)) this version of the ESPN3 addon seems to work, the standard version has been broken for a while.
roman

Post by roman »

Hello all! I'm having some trouble using the FilmON xbmc add-on through Jumpy. The original FilmON add-on was abandoned, and revived HERE.

The FilmON add-on never worked for me in Jumpy, it always showed Favorites/Recordings... which is what the old FilmON add-on did in XBMC when it was abandoned. However I updated the XBMC add-on and it worked fine in XBMC, but it was still showing the same in Jumpy. I reset the connection, restarted the PS3, enabled and re-enabled media centers in PS3 settings but it still showed the same.

Here is the FilmON part of the log file.

I noticed the log file says something about common.cache plugin failing. which is weird, about a week ago I was getting that error in XBMC, but then I cleaned up my library and cleaned up my add-ons and the error no longer appears until now. (the first time I tried on PS3, the log file did not mention anything about the common.cache failing, it appeared after I checked the log a second time).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:
It seems like the developer of the new FilmON add.on has also abandoned, but there is another developer with an add.on called F.T.V which supports FilmON. This addon is updated and well maintained, and it works in XBMC but it doesn't work in Jumpy. It does not display any directories and I get a PS3 Error: DLNA ERROR (2006).

Jumpy log for FTV
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

roman wrote:an add.on called F.T.V which supports FilmON... and it works in XBMC but it doesn't work in Jumpy.
The problem with plugin.video.F.T.V's FilmON is that the process never finishes because it launches a timer to keep sending 'alive' signals to keep your login session going. XBMC doesn't wait for the process to exit whereas jumpy does (it's a fundamental difference and would involve major recoding, I'll look into it but no promises :)).

As a workaround, you can turn off the timer by commenting out addons\plugin.video.F.T.V\default.py, line 76 by inserting a # at the start of the line:Note that while this fixes the immediate problem, opening the FilmON folder still throws an error (both in XBMC and jumpy) for me without a user account.

roman wrote:I noticed the log file says something about common.cache plugin failing.
This is normal. The common cache is a service launched by either jumpy or XBMC, whichever starts first, and the other will report the error at startup because the common cache is already running. Both jumpy and XBMC can use the service regardless of who launched it.