Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
origin415

Re: Jumpy Plugin (17 May 2013)

Post by origin415 »

Hi,

I'm trying to use jumpy with the sportsdevil xbmc addon. When opening a stream (which works perfectly in xbmc itself), all that happens is the video shows black text on a white background of the url, ie "rtmp://46.246.29.130:1935/stream/gdfhdfytty.stream swfUrl=http:..." etc, which is amusing but also frustrating. I've attached the appropriate logs, let me know if there is any other information that I can provide.

Any help is appreciated, though I've already gotten the ESPN3 addon working which is what brought me to jumpy in the first place, so this is just a bonus.

Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(27.83 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
kah

Post by kah »

Okay, I gotta admit I didn't read through the entire thread but used the search function as well as Google and couldn't find anything concerning my problem so far. I just started using PMS so please bear with me.

I'm using Jumpy with PS3 Media Server on a Win7 machine with Python 2.7 64-bit installed. My renderer is an Xbox 360. I installed Jumpy using the installer.
When navigating to the Jumpy entry on my Xbox 360 as I normally would (via the system video player), all the plugins show up in a list. I can browse everything well, however can not play any videos at all. For some plugins, the folders that contain the videos are simply empty. For others, the folders contain videos named like "whatevername[PMSEncoder]" which are not playable. The icon of these symbols is simply a striked through circle and when clicking on play, nothing happens.

I did test most of the plugins in XBMC and they all worked.

Any ideas where I might start digging?
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

origin415 wrote:I'm trying to use jumpy with the sportsdevil xbmc addon. When opening a stream (which works perfectly in xbmc itself), all that happens is the video shows black text on a white background of the url, ie "rtmp://46.246.29.130:1935/stream/gdfhdfytty.stream swfUrl=http:..." etc, which is amusing...
thx, 'amusing' is the charitable way to put it :).
  • The sportsdevil url ends in '.com' which also happens to be a text file extension in windows (like '.bat'), so the jumpy text player is grabbing it by mistake. The quick fix for now is to disable the jumpy text player by placing a # in front of the section name in your jumpy-scripts.ini:
    [#+text]
    cmd = pms addPlayer text ...
  • I also found a separate issue (affecting linux/mac users) with jumpy vis. Sportsdevil which is fixed by the update below:
    xbmc-dev-130611.zip
Last edited by infidel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kah wrote:For some plugins, the folders that contain the videos are simply empty. For others, the folders contain videos named like "whatevername[PMSEncoder]" which are not playable... Any ideas where I might start digging?
Offhand it looks like maybe a renderer configuration issue. Attaching your logs would be helpful.
origin415

Post by origin415 »

Disabling text definitely made progress, though I'm still having issues.

I've attached logs for attempts for three different streams. All of these work in xbmc/sportsdevil directly, and these are all using a PS3 as a client.

1)
ums_dbg sped up.zip
(41.77 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
This stream works if I use xbmc on the local machine as a client to UMS. When I use a PS3 instead, the audio is sped up/high pitched and the video freezes except for short bursts. The network connection is fine, as I said before, ESPN3 through jumpy already works perfectly, as is streaming other stuff through UMS.

2 + 3)
ums_dbg nothing.zip
(40.47 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Here I try two different streams. The first one again works in xbmc through UMS, but does not work on the PS3, this time at all. Nothing happens when trying to activate the last directory "Redirect - Unknown JS Player". When using xbmc directly, opening the redirect thing starts the stream itself, when using xbmc through UMS, redirect is a directory containing a working link to the stream.

The last one does not work on either UMS client.

Thanks again for your help!
kah

Post by kah »

infidel wrote:
kah wrote:For some plugins, the folders that contain the videos are simply empty. For others, the folders contain videos named like "whatevername[PMSEncoder]" which are not playable... Any ideas where I might start digging?
Offhand it looks like maybe a renderer configuration issue. Attaching your logs would be helpful.
Well, as I use PMS, the buttons described in the linked thread are not available, however, I zipped my debug.log, jumpy.log and pmsencoder.log together.
I noticed that jumpy.log prints the following error: "Error: script.module.urlresolver not found." However, I couldn't find anything about how to deal with that error so far.

Besides: Is UMS better suited for Jumpy and/or Xbox 360 streaming than PMS?
Attachments
pms.zip
(11.55 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kah wrote:For some plugins, the folders that contain the videos are simply empty. For others, the folders contain videos named like "whatevername[PMSEncoder]" which are not playable
I tested the ATV.at addon following the navigation path in your logs and found that:
  • This addon has a coding quirk that that causes a general playback error with jumpy, which is accomodated in this update:
    xbmc-dev-130612.zip
    after which everything works for me (using PMS and Sony Bluray). So try this first, although it won't fix any additional issues specific to the xbox-360.
  • Your logs show jumpy is adding video items to the xmb, for instance:
    [jumpy] Opening folder: [xbmc] ATV.at.
    [jumpy] Opening folder: Ringstrassenhotels.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 5.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 4.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 3.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 2.
    [jumpy] Adding folder: Next Page (2).
    but since you don't attempt to play anything I'm assuming you can't see them on the xbox? Again, the settings in XBOX360.conf may need to be tweaked but I don't have any specific experience/advice for you here. Setting logging to TRACE will show more info on the metadata being sent to the xbox, which determines whether it accepts the item or not, and might help us.
kah wrote:I noticed that jumpy.log prints the following error: "Error: script.module.urlresolver not found."
This doesn't impact the issue above and is expected if you installed jumpy from zip rather than auto-installer (?)
kah wrote:Besides: Is UMS better suited for Jumpy and/or Xbox 360 streaming than PMS?
Not afaik, but the TRACE log would be slightly more useful with UMS.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

origin415 wrote:I've attached logs for attempts for three different streams. All of these work in xbmc/sportsdevil directly, and these are all using a PS3 as a client.
Well the game streams, being ephemeral, are already gone so I can't test them directly but as to ESPN/NFL Network in FirstRowSports.eu I get similar behaviour as you, i.e. normal playback when browsing UMS from xbmc but audio issues when using my actual renderer (Sony Bluray). I'm guessing that this has to do with unsupported audio resolution in the output container:
DEBUG 2013-06-11 17:39:17.097 [Thread-66] Output #0, vob, to '\\.\pipe\ffmpegwebvideo_79_1370997547505':
DEBUG 2013-06-11 17:39:17.101 [Thread-66] Stream #0:1: Audio: ac3, 22050 Hz, stereo, fltp, 192 kb/s
A quick (albeit hacky) test is to force ntsc-dvd output for everything (which will send out 48khz audio) by adding a general rule in the OPTIONS section of ffmpeg.webfilters (located in your profile folder next to UMS.conf):
OPTIONS

.* | -target ntsc-dvd
which fixed it in my case, so see if this works for you.
kah

Post by kah »

infidel wrote:
kah wrote:For some plugins, the folders that contain the videos are simply empty. For others, the folders contain videos named like "whatevername[PMSEncoder]" which are not playable
I tested the ATV.at addon following the navigation path in your logs and found that:
  • This addon has a coding quirk that that causes a general playback error with jumpy, which is accomodated in this update:
    The attachment xbmc-dev-130612.zip is no longer available
    after which everything works for me (using PMS and Sony Bluray). So try this first, although it won't fix any additional issues specific to the xbox-360.
  • Your logs show jumpy is adding video items to the xmb, for instance:
    [jumpy] Opening folder: [xbmc] ATV.at.
    [jumpy] Opening folder: Ringstrassenhotels.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 5.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 4.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 3.
    [jumpy] Adding unresolved.4 item: Ringstraßenhotels - Folge 2.
    [jumpy] Adding folder: Next Page (2).
    but since you don't attempt to play anything I'm assuming you can't see them on the xbox? Again, the settings in XBOX360.conf may need to be tweaked but I don't have any specific experience/advice for you here. Setting logging to TRACE will show more info on the metadata being sent to the xbox, which determines whether it accepts the item or not, and might help us.
[...]
Exactely, I can't see any videos in the atv.at plugin section on my xbox. I unzipped your fix to the specified folder but still nothing shows up. Furthermore, the PMS start screen now tells me that no renderers were found (the big white X on red). Attached are my logfiles, this time with a tracelog :)
pms.zip
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
infidel wrote: [...]
kah wrote:I noticed that jumpy.log prints the following error: "Error: script.module.urlresolver not found."
This doesn't impact the issue above and is expected if you installed jumpy from zip rather than auto-installer (?)
[...]
Well, I started installing everything (except of phantomJS) manually and after I was finished found out about the auto-installer and executed it. Was that a mistake? :D I thought you could always run it on top of your current installation for updates as well.

Thanks for your help so far :)
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

kah wrote:the PMS start screen now tells me that no renderers were found (the big white X on red). The PMS start screen now tells me that no renderers were found
[EDIT: oops :)] without reproducing the error the logs of course don't show much. Try a computer reboot, browse through the network faq for clues, or try UMS instead.
kah wrote:I started installing everything (except of phantomJS) manually and after I was finished found out about the auto-installer and executed it.
Then I'm not sure why you're missing urlresolver (unless you haven't restarted xbmc since then?), have a look here for more, including how to add it manually. And yes, the installer can always be run on top of an existing installation.