Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:Hopefully this is some help identifying the cause
Well, it might have been if I had posted the right attachments, looks like the joke is on me :oops:. Apologies but can you please rerun using these instead: jumpy-a3-testpan2.zip and ums-a3-update-testpan2.zip.
Casper

Post by Casper »

No worries :)
Last edited by Casper on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:No worries :)
Nor progress :D. One more thing to try (with ums-a3-update-testpan2 active):
jumpy-a3-testpan3.zip
unzip to ums top folder - for testing only
(82.64 KiB) Downloaded 587 times
Casper

Post by Casper »

Third time's a charm.
Last edited by Casper on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobbylala

Post by Bobbylala »

Hi, I'm trying to get UMS and Jumpy working to stream Hulu from XBMC to my PS3, but having a few difficulties. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 and XBMC 11.0, and Hulu works fine within XBMC. I'm using UMS-3.0.0-a3 and installed Jumpy 0.2.8 using the linux run file. I can view the folders of Hulu content on the PS3, but none of the videos will play. I've tried with and without update.jar in the same folder as ums.jar, and I've added the correct locations for python, rtmpdump and ffmpeg to the UMS.conf file. I also tried adding rtmpdump.force = true to the .conf, but that didn't make any difference. Logs are attached.

I also tried using UMS-2.6.5 with pmsencoder-1.6.3, but couldn't get that to work either (although it gave a different error on the PS3). I can attach the logs from that attempt too if it will help. I'm out of ideas now and can't find any more info on any of the threads, so hoping someone can help out? I'm fairly new to linux, apologies if I'm doing something stupid.

Thanks very much,
Rob
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.15 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:Third time's a charm.
Are you sure? The log is still exploding and the Panasonic repeatedly requests batches starting at 0, 20, 80, and 100 but never 40 or 60.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Bobbylala wrote:I'm trying to get UMS and Jumpy working to stream Hulu from XBMC to my PS3, but having a few difficulties.. I'm running Ubuntu 12.04
The basic problem is that the current UMS linux ffmpeg binary no longer supports the rtmpe:// protocol which hulu uses (UMS used to provide a custom-built linux ffmpeg that included this support, but it seems to have switched recently to an off-the-shelf binary that doesn't). There are 2 solutions that come to mind:
  • Quick
    • Use UMS-2.6.5 + pmsencoder 1.6.2 so rtmpdump will be invoked instead.
      • See here for optional additional instructions on getting pmsencoder to coexist with ffmpegwebvideo.
  • Comprehensive
    • Use UMS-3.0.0-a3 + update.jar along with your own custom build of ffmpeg. If you want to go this route add the following options to the given ffmpeg configure command:
      • --enable-librtmp
      • --enable-libfreetype - you may have to install it first:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev
Bobbylala

Post by Bobbylala »

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried both methods you suggested, and neither are working. Both come back with an error saying "There is no inputstream to return" in the UMS log. Could it be related to the fact that I'm using Overplay SmartDNS to get around the geo-restriction? It works fine in XBMC though. I also tried using a VPN instead of DNS, but the error was the same. Logs are attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(63.78 KiB) Downloaded 517 times
Casper

Post by Casper »

infidel wrote:
Casper wrote:Third time's a charm.
Are you sure? The log is still exploding and the Panasonic repeatedly requests batches starting at 0, 20, 80, and 100 but never 40 or 60.
I meant that as a hopeful remark :P, the listing problem persists.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Bobbylala wrote: Both come back with an error saying "There is no inputstream to return" in the UMS log.
DEBUG 2013-08-29 13:37:41.858 [ffmpeg-2] Starting /home/rob/ums-3.0.0-a3/ffmpeg -y -loglevel ...
UMS is still finding its own ffmpeg rather than your new one at playback, so
  • remove/rename ffmpeg in the top UMS folder and try again.
  • if still no joy set ffmpeg_path explicitly in UMS.conf, something like

Code: Select all

ffmpeg_path=/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg