Jumpy Plugin (26 October 2016)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (7 August 2013)

Post by infidel »

@nomi2013:
  • sorry for being a pest :), but please double-check that your resolver.py is the new one.
  • if you then still get the 'proxy' error in debug.log (which just means an internal communication failure between java and python) try disabling youtube_dl by editing resolver.py line 3:
    ################# configuration: use True/False #################
    enable_xbmc = True
    enable_youtube_dl = False
  • if it still doesn't work attach a new set of logs.
Regarding the EX621, you can get UMS to automatically match it to the EX620 (which I would guess is the right profile) by editing BraviaEX620.conf like so:
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch = (BRAVIA KDL.+EX62[0-9])
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Casper wrote:WEB.conf videos work without ChunkedTransfer ... The only combination that doesn't work is: Jumpy + resolve_at_playback=true + ChunkedTransfer=false + DLNA.ORG_OP=01
sigh, it's a mystery :). It sounds like testpan5 is an adequate solution nonetheless so any reason I shouldn't release that for now?
Casper wrote:Adding/deleting bookmarks on Panasonic shows changes only when leaving the directory and returning.
I think this is as good as it gets, it's the same on Sony Bluray. btw do you see the 'Bookmark added/deleted' video messages on the Panasonic too?.
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

infidel wrote:@nomi2013:
  • sorry for being a pest :), but please double-check that your resolver.py is the new one.
  • if you then still get the 'proxy' error in debug.log (which just means an internal communication failure between java and python) try disabling youtube_dl by editing resolver.py line 3:
    enable_xbmc = True
Regarding the EX621, you can get UMS to automatically match it to the EX620 (which I would guess is the right profile) by editing BraviaEX620.conf like so:
Thanks infidel..will check once at home and let you know the findings.. :)
Nomi
nomi2013

Post by nomi2013 »

nomi2013 wrote:
infidel wrote:@nomi2013:
    enable_xbmc = True
Thanks infidel..will check once at home and let you know the findings.. :)
Nomi
Same error "Video File cannot be played"..attached are the log and resolver.py
Attachments
resolver.zip
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 613 times
ums_dbg_20130913.zip
(36.23 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:Same error "Video File cannot be played"
  • You're absolutely right, sorry for doubting you on resolver.py :). Try the new release below.
  • Regarding use of the 'QUOTE' button, less is more ;). From the Mozilla netiquette page:
    Trim your follow-ups.
    • Do not quote the entire content of the message to which you are replying. Include only as much as is necessary for context. Remember that if someone wants to read the original message, they can; it is easily accessible. A good rule of thumb is, don't include more quoted text than new text.

There is always a need for some trimming - either a salutation, a signature, some blank lines or whatever. If you are doing no trimming whatsoever of the quoted text, then you aren't trimming enough.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

A couple of renderer-specific things to get web items working:
  • Panasonic TV:
    • Enable ChunkedTransfer in Panasonic.conf:

Code: Select all

ChunkedTransfer=true
  • Bravia TV:
    • Disable subs in UMS.conf (sorry, it's just a temporary workaround until UMS source is fixed):

mencoder_disablesubs = true
Last edited by infidel on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Update: jumpy-0.2.9
nomi2013

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by nomi2013 »

Thanks infidel
shoud I run the new .exe by placing it in plugin folder? also should I delete the other old .jar files?
Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it
Nomi
infidel
Developer

Re: Jumpy Plugin (14 September 2013)

Post by infidel »

nomi2013 wrote:shoud I run the new .exe by placing it in plugin folder? also should I delete the other old .jar files?
  • double-click the exe in the plugins folder (or alternatively press the update button on the jumpy config gui).
  • the jumpy-0.2.8 jars are no longer needed.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

infidel wrote:A couple of renderer-specific things to get web items working:
  • Panasonic TV:
    • Enable CunkedTransfer in Panasonic.conf:

ChunkedTransfer=true
If it has no side effect, it should be added to the official Panasonic.conf file 8-)
I remember that without it most of the Android Video Players were not able to play any video from UMS so I added it to the official trunk.