Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S7eele

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by S7eele »

mx5gr wrote:
SubJunk wrote:What about if you don't manually update it to 2.04? I think I remember SharkHunter saying something about the versions after 2.0 relying on code that isn't in UMS yet
Unfortunately version 2.00 works even worse than 2.0.4. For example, under EZTV, I do not get any selections/folders, not even the "Download Mirror #1" type of available selections under a video.

As S7eele describes in his previous post, some clarifications need to be made in terms of installing and operating the channels plugin, as its features are great and it would be very nice to have it working.

Similar to that, is there any chance to see an internet radio plugin, as the one once developed for PS3 Media Server (but I think that is unsupported now)?
Whoaaaa mx5gr, don't get the masters angry with me :D ! Just kidding of course, nice to meet you.

I have been having problems with Channels for a while so I have actually asked the question before and been answered by others on this forum. Channels works fine for other folks when it doesn't for me. My point being, my problems are quite probably a result of my own doing. The replies I received from others also said the GUI installer works fine. The GUI installer places a copy of Python, Perl and other utilities within the UMS folder structure. I also have Python, Perl and some of the other utilities used by Channels installed independently on my system. That might be the root of my problem, I am trying to use standalone versions of these instead of using what the GUI installs. Maybe a bit of both. I just wanted that to be clear.

You are absolutely correct that it is a GREAT plugin! I can't wait to get it back up on my system.

Regarding the radio, I believe SharkHunter actually just released a GoogleMusic plugin. Check the plugin page, it may have your answers:

http://www.universalmediaserver.com/plugins/

I know that's kinda obvious but...... Anyway, not sure exactly what your radio needs are but I know it is very easy to add audiostreams/feeds to Channels via the web.conf file. I have never used anything but locally stored audio through UMS or even PMS so I can't help much. I will certainly try when able. I know that many of the plugins for PMS were pretty easy to modify to get working under the first version(s) of UMS but I am thinking that might not be the case with the newer versions of UMS. Makes sense, different app.

Peace!
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

S7eele - After a week AFK here we go:

3a) Credentials ARE fetched from the UMS.cred file. Look under the "Plugin mgmt" tab in the GUI there is a button called "Edit Credentials file" click it and you'll be able to edit the credential file. You might need to restart UMS afterwards. NOTE!!!! Make sure that the cred.path is set in the UMS.conf.

3b) The channels names are case-sensitive and it's those names that are used to find the creds in the cred file. Like said add

Code: Select all

channel.IceFilms=usr,pwd
3c) Using the plugin installer I hope that all paths are fixed automatically BUT you should be able to change them and everything should still work. Looking over the scripts I see I've hardcoded some paths (in the get_flash_player.bat,get_iplayer2.pl and the youtube.bat) so that should be fixed (probably by me). Depending on your use case you could modify these scripts or ignore them.

3d) The bat version is needed to add the language exe (perl.exe for example). This is of course only needed for windows. This should be redone. For now change the bat files hardcoded path to suit your needs.

3e) Using the installer everything should be placed under extras\... Some old relic code in channels still create the channels dir in UMS that is not used.

3f) The rtmp.groovy file is an old file it shouldn't be in the zip file anymore. I might have been in a hurry creating the latest zip. You can safely remove it.

3g) NOthing should be need to do with the groovy scripts. PPLive is old and I think it can be safe to say that it is dead...

3h) Yes the #! is a unix special thing you can safely ignore it...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Thx.
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Just FYI for you and everyone else regarding my situation, I have not been able to get the UMS feature added in 2.0 for editing the .cred file to work. I performed a clean install and followed everything as closely as possible. I found no .cred file anywhere after install of UMS 2.0 or after using the UMS plugin installer to install Channels. I will be posting this as a seperate issue tonight. I just set my log to trace and will pack up the log files in that thread for SubJunk to take a look at.
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

There is no cred file by default. It only appears once you create it. After UMS 2.0 go in under the plugin mgmt tab and click the "Edit Cred..." button. Add your credentials there and press "Save". Then (probably) restart UMS to force all plugins to pickup the new cred config.
The "Edit Cred..." button will create the cred file if doesn't exist.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Appreciate response. I have already done so a couple times but to make sure I didn't screw up I will follow your instructs to the letter one more time. If I still have problems I will start the other thread with an uploaded log file.
Peace!
gottoast

Post by gottoast »

S7eele, did you ever resolve this? I believe I've gone down almost the exact same path that you have in reading through this entire thread :lol: If so, please let me know what you did, if not keep reading :D

I had quite a time getting the cred file to appear but finally made it work let ya know how in a second... no matter what it would bring up the popup screen with the blank template but not let me save it saying the file path did not exist or something to that affect even after I manually created the file. If this is what you're seeing you need to go through the UMS.conf with a fine tooth comb like you probably have many times by now and make sure all your paths are correct. I found that even after I thought things were correct that many referenced folder paths that were wrong or didn't exist. And, make sure if you're on Windows to us the double slash "\\" everywhere in writing file and folder paths. After doing this the Edit Cred button would open my manually created blank UMS.cred file. I then renamed it UMS1.cred and clicked Edit Cred again, BINGO! UMS created the default cred file with the
### commented out how to in the header.

That said I still don't know what all needs to have a credential, other than icefilms, gmusic, and youtube or if I'm even supplying the right ones. A full credentials list would be good to have ;)

I'm now trying to troubleshoot the same ffmpeg issue I saw on your list.

[win32\ffmpeg.exe] Process C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
I now have some things working but the ones that don't give me what you see above, my original post is here:viewtopic.php?f=6&t=267

Let me know if any of this works for you or rings a bell
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

There seems to some issue with the cred file and it's handling. I thought it was easy enough but I was wrong. I'll do an update that will simplify things. Stand by
adeban

Post by adeban »

Hello,

Thanks for the work on this. I have a major issue not beeing able to play anything in the channels plugin. UMS in general works fine streaming media from my computer.

For example for SVT Play and TV3 i do see all the avaliable feeds on my TV but when trying to play something i always get the error "no playable media in this folder". I previously tried serviio and was with that software able to play at least the viasat channels but now i cant do that.

Im using the version 2.0.0 and the channels plugin version 2.05.

Im extremely new to this so dont really know where to look. I read somehting about a debug pack but cant locate it. Hoping for some assistance as this looks promising.

cheers
adeban
Attachments
ums_channel_log.zip
(232.36 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

adeban - this is not good

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at net.pms.network.RequestV2.answer(RequestV2.java:731) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.writeResponse(RequestHandlerV2.java:299) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at net.pms.network.RequestHandlerV2.messageReceived(RequestHandlerV2.java:257) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpChunkAggregator.messageReceived(HttpChunkAggregator.java:116) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:527) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:351) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:282) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:202) ~[ums.jar:na]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.7.0_09]
I'll look into it. For now try and disabling HTTP Version 2.

I added a new version of a ums.jar (http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-sh ... p&can=2&q=) and a new Channels (2.06) Download and unzip the ums.jar and replace the ums.jar in the UMS dir. The new Channels are not really needed but get that as well MANUALLY until we release a new UMS. Now you should have a new tab for credentials If it looks empty wait until all plugins are started. Now you'll see all the creds that channels can use. Try it out...