Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
b0ris

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by b0ris »

Hi SharkHunter, I tried to install Channels 2.22 (with the GUI) today on UMS 3.2.0, without success. I didn't get any actual channels and the plugin doesn't get listed as installed under "Installed plugins" in the GUI.

With earlier versions of UMS i've reported that UMS failed to start due to problems with PMSEncoder. Now this isn't a problem anymore, great!

What can I do to help with this installation problem?
Last edited by b0ris on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b0ris

Post by b0ris »

Alternatively: how can I help myself to get a clean install via the GUI?
Larkin

Post by Larkin »

Is this plugin still under support ? Just curious wether to wait or move on. It would be great I could make it work.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Yes I still support it. But it might come as a surprise that I do have a life and work that needs attending to from time to time. What can I say I use Channels each day (more or less) so it works for me.

I'll look over it again during the weekend.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
pen

Post by pen »

Hi SharkHunter, I'm very graceful for your plugin (best in class) and do understand that you have to support us best effort!

I think there is some misstake now in the plugin data base. When trying PnP install in UMS 3.2.0 of Channels, I get the GroowShark plugin installed instead :o . Unfortunately the reverse does not hold: I do not get Channels installed when asking for GroowShark :(

Pen
Server Ubuntu 12.04, Renderer Samsung 46D6300
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

pen - have a look now. We did a change here on the website and there was a glitch in the transistion. See if it works better now...
DTigerBKK

Post by DTigerBKK »

SharkHunter wrote:pen - have a look now. We did a change here on the website and there was a glitch in the transistion. See if it works better now...
Nope :-( .... Just downloaded a "gs_plugin.jar" file. "GrooveShark" I may guess!
Last edited by DTigerBKK on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Weird I'll need to ask SJ to have a look
DTigerBKK

Post by DTigerBKK »

SharkHunter wrote:Weird I'll need to ask SJ to have a look
AlexanderGson

Post by AlexanderGson »

Is the Visata.ch channel outdated? Neither TV3, TV6 or TV8 works for me contrary to all the other Swedish play channels which works perfectly.

When I go into the folders of them and into a letter it only shows "Add to favourite" instead of listing the shows for that letter.

And when I went to check on this site https://github.com/SharkHunter/Channel/ ... r/channels if there was an update it says the last update for viasat.ch was 9 months ago.