Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by SharkHunter »

AlexanderGson - yeah it seems like viasat done some update which makes the channels unusable. It worked a month ago (sort of) so there has been a change lately. As always if I have time I'll have a look. The change is rather big they have removed the old xml files where you found the shows before.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
AlexanderGson

Post by AlexanderGson »

SharkHunter wrote:AlexanderGson - yeah it seems like viasat done some update which makes the channels unusable. It worked a month ago (sort of) so there has been a change lately. As always if I have time I'll have a look. The change is rather big they have removed the old xml files where you found the shows before.
Appreciate it :)

I think they changed it as they now have a android app as well which I think they got quite recently.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

SharkHunter wrote:Weird I'll need to ask SJ to have a look
Sorry about that, guys. It should be fixed now :)
Larkin

Post by Larkin »

SharkHunter wrote:Yes I still support it. But it might come as a surprise that I do have a life and work that needs attending to from time to time. What can I say I use Channels each day (more or less) so it works for me.

I'll look over it again during the weekend.
Looking forward to this.
pen

Post by pen »

SharkHunter wrote:
DeFlanko wrote:I got a Samsung as well as Optimus... he has a few too
Ok just pull the latest master and build (I know you can :)) and the try something containing a "/" and see that it's swapped to a ":".
What would be real nice to see if you see the error if you disable the CharMap. Just remove the line "CharMap=/ :" from the render conf file...
I'm curious to know (since no one reported a verification to the patch): Did you include this feature into the 2.22 plugin? If so, what is the syntax of the line to add to the renderer profile?

Edit: I just recognized that the native Samsung renderer profile of UMS 3.3.0 already included the line "CharMap=/ :" - so it's obviously in place. So I will test to remove my current patch in my .ch file and see if it still works. I'll come back with a report....

Pen
Server Ubuntu 12.04, Renderer Samsung 46D6300
killerswede

Post by killerswede »

Is there any chance that someone can do a channel for dreamfilm or swefilm? It would be great.
j00j4nt200

Post by j00j4nt200 »

Hello,
I'm trying to use channels for watching you tube videos on xbox360 without paying gold subscription to M$.

Installed channels plugin with gui.
fixed pepy.zip won't unpack.
Did some changes to youtube.ch, but still can't get anything to play on xbox360.
It always opening, and then get 69-c00d36c4 error code.
Don't know where to look for error: in channels settings or ums settings?

For example here is log for trying to play ANNIE - Official Trailer - In Theaters Christmas 2014!, and Most Shocking Second a Day Video on your Xbox 360
In attachment are channel log, and debug log.
Attachments
debug.log
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
channel.log
(144.27 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
balzac

Post by balzac »

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Universal Media Server and using the Plugin tab added the "Channels" Plugin.

But, when I try to access the "Channel" folder esp. the Icefilms channel, on any of my rendering machines I see the "Folders" of the TV Show and Movies. But, when I go inside it. It just shows "Add to Favorite" message and I am not able to see the Video Links or rather access any of the videos in any of the channels.

Please tell me what do I do to insure that it works?

Additional details is as below:
UMS Verson: 3.6.1
Channel Plugin: 2.22
Rendering Devices: PS3, Android Phone.
DualC

Post by DualC »

Hi...

One thing i would be happy to see is an upgrade on the channel plugins, .. specially the swedish ones.

Many of them doesent work any more.. it seems... :/

/M
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

balzac - IceFIlms haven't been updated for a while. Since MegaUpload died I tried some times to get it to work but the speed/quality of the fileshares has been well not viewable. Maybe it's time for a retake.

DualC - which ones doesn't work? Kanal5/9 works,SVTplay works, Tv4 works (at least yesterday), Tv3 haven't tried for ages so that might be dead.
Try clicking the "INstall upgrade channeles" in the GUI since I update the channel files from time to time
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.