Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
moern

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by moern »

Here's a new log. This time I actually could see a thumbnail, but got an error code when I´ve tried to play it (800288E1). After that, when I browsed other folders, the were no files again.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
debug
(56.72 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

What kind of render are you using? Also change your debug loevel to "TRACE"
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
moern

Post by moern »

Ok. I have Mencoder for Video & PMSencoder for Web Video set as default.
moern

Post by moern »

I think I answered the wrong question, I use a ps3.
S7eele

Alright, one more time!!!!!

Post by S7eele »

I am going to give this one more shot. I have had some success using channels on PMS and UMS in the past on my vista 64bit machine. Starting as an absolutely fresh UMS install, nervous about using the plugin installer but seems you guys may have done some work on it. I have been using PMS and Jumpy to use 1Channel after I had a very frustrating experience that I posted about but apparently other things were more pressing at the time. No hard feelings on my part. I can provide the link to the other post if you want but if you just look up my posts there aren't that many, it will be easy to find. I want to point out that because I have been using PMS from the very beginning I have basically installed full standalone versions of the required library's and scripting languages. For example, I have installed ActivePerl, Python, Curl, Py4j, rtmpdump, get_flash_videos, youtube-dl, Jsphantom (?) and cryptography libraries. I am not a programmer but I know this product and I am an engineer. I assure you I will be reaching out for support.
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

S7eele wrote:I am going to give this one more shot. I have had some success using channels on PMS and UMS in the past on my vista 64bit machine. Starting as an absolutely fresh UMS install, nervous about using the plugin installer but seems you guys may have done some work on it. I have been using PMS and Jumpy to use 1Channel after I had a very frustrating experience that I posted about but apparently other things were more pressing at the time. No hard feelings on my part. I can provide the link to the other post if you want but if you just look up my posts there aren't that many, it will be easy to find. I want to point out that because I have been using PMS from the very beginning I have basically installed full standalone versions of the required library's and scripting languages. For example, I have installed ActivePerl, Python, Curl, Py4j, rtmpdump, get_flash_videos, youtube-dl, Jsphantom (?) and cryptography libraries. I am not a programmer but I know this product and I am an engineer. I assure you I will be reaching out for support.
If you know your way around you don't need to use the plugin installer (things work well without). Make sure to fetch a fresh Chanels (2.00 not 2.03 as that contains experimental code) along with the latest bunch of channels and scripts (https://github.com/downloads/SharkHunte ... ls_203.zip or use the built in GUI downloader). Now the trick/problem is that there are many Channels out there and they tend to change. Alot. And I don't use all of them (and I can't either) so I need help. Today I discovered that YouTube hade done some changes which requires a new youtub-dl script (update soon in a new Channels for those of you who can't wait fetch here http://rg3.github.com/youtube-dl/download.html). What can you expect to work?
1Channel/M2K works IF the host site works here pulocker seems to be OK but links vanish at the speed of light.
IceFIlms has the same problem only here it's 180Upload that works OK the others are a piece of crap and have close to 0 in bw.
EZTV/FURK works like a charm don't know of the free limits on furk but it works
BBC works for people in the UK at least
The swedish channels works (I use thses the most probably..)
NaviX - is a chapter of it's own. Something works some don't. Normally it's a dead link. There are zillions of links here and I need help to pin point errors. Send debug logs.
YouTube works if you fetch a new youtube-dl.py script.
Other cahnnels have unknown status and must be checked...
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Appreciate your reply and I am on track with everything you have said so far. I am taking it very slow and methodically this time as I have been using this stuff for years and inevitably I try something knew and blow something up where it had been working fine forever. Right now it is simply the UMS install and I threw PMSEncoder in plugin directory. Regarding the built-in web.conf, TED and The Onion work and I have had success one time with the Shanghai webcam but I have never been able to get the television streams to work. Just wondering if I should expect those to work or not. I will add some that I know are live and give it a try but thought that might make a lightbulb go off for someone.

I will certainly do everything I can as an experienced, tech-saavy user but far from a programmer but I can handle basic scripting using some of the "formats/languages" used today. I stay pretty busy but where able would appreciate the opportunity to help out.

Peace!
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Sharkhunter,

Below you will find a link to the thread I started when Channels stopped working for me last time. I don't think you have seen it and not sure you want to bother looking at it since I am starting from scratch now but I sure would like to know why it blew up. I also believe there is a pretty good chance I will run into the same issue, I spent a great deal of time troubleshooting it on my own but without help I wasn't making much progress so decided to step away for a bit. Anyway, link to the thread is below if you have the time and want to look over the message and attached logs.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=243

Peace!
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

S7eele - I'll have a look but this weekend is completly messed up for me. Let's see if some time emerges...
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

S7eele - A quick check (on the last thread) doesn't reveal anything special. I tried 1Channel and the putlocker once at least works.
PLs try something known to work and set your loglevel to TRACE