Channels Plugin

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S7eele

Re: Channels Plugin

Post by S7eele »

roger that. just want to make sure, "debug=trace" in .conf? One other quick thing I have noticed is that there appears to be conflicting path statements for rtmpdump when looking at my .conf and the rtmpdump.groovy file. I set it to C:\\rtmpdump in the .conf as the rtmpdump.exe is in a folder directly off the root of C: named "rtmpdump". I glanced through the groovy scripts and in the rtmpdump.groovy file I see a path of "C:\rtmpdump.exe". I placed a copy of the executable in the root of C: to accomodate both scenarios. Please know that I understand your time is valuable and appreciate the support you are able to provide. Thanks as always!
Peace!
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

S7eele wrote:roger that. just want to make sure, "debug=trace" in .conf?
scratch the question about setting debug to trace, I took a look back in some of the earliest PMS/UMS threads (FAQ I think, lol) and found the answer. just to verify:

2a. To set debug to trace the logback.xml file should be edited and 'root level = "TRACE"' should be set, correct?

Other items from the above post are still valid, just hate when I ask something that has already been answered. With that said and hopes I am not doing exactly that, I want to add a couple more quick ones. I will number these in hopes it makes the reply easier:

2b. If I told you I could play IceFilms and NaviX content but not 1Channel would it point to anything you could think of?

2c. Should I have to modify any of the .groovy or .bat files? I have found incorrect path statements in several. It looks like they are pointing to the paths created by the Installer (extra\\bin, etc.).

2d. In at least one of the .ch files I can see what appear to be settings for username and password. Do I need to enter username/password info anywhere but the .cred file? I don't see any sign that I am actually being logged in to either 1Channel or NaviX.

2e. Although I have had the streaming working via channels with nothing but the expected issues I don't recall ever seeing any indication that I actually "logged in" to any of these sites with entries in UMS.cred. In the .cred file should it be "channels.plugin" or "channel.plugin". The example in the default .cred I have indicates channel.plugin. I read a thread on the GoogleMusic plugin and there was discussion of the .cred file but there it sounded like the entry for GoogleMusic was to be in the format "gmusic=usrnm,passwd" vice "channels.gmusic=usrnm,passwd". How should it be done? Also, are any of these files case sensitive?

2f. Finally, I would like your thoughts on whether you think I should just go ahead and use the installer now that I have a clean install of the latest UMS or should I try the manual install using the standalone installations of all the utilities? Looking for ease of installation and use.

Thanks!
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

S7eele wrote:
S7eele wrote:roger that. just want to make sure, "debug=trace" in .conf?
scratch the question about setting debug to trace, I took a look back in some of the earliest PMS/UMS threads (FAQ I think, lol) and found the answer. just to verify:

2a. To set debug to trace the logback.xml file should be edited and 'root level = "TRACE"' should be set, correct?
Yes
2b. If I told you I could play IceFilms and NaviX content but not 1Channel would it point to anything you could think of?
Not exactly, but maybe you hit the folder limit? 1Channel might be deeper. IceFilms is just about 8 folders deep and NaviX can be deep as hell or just one or two folders deep.
2c. Should I have to modify any of the .groovy or .bat files? I have found incorrect path statements in several. It looks like they are pointing to the paths created by the Installer (extra\\bin, etc.).
No don't modify them thesy should normally pick up the paths from your UMS.conf. If there is some hardcoded stuff in the groovy scripts I would consider it a bug so pls report back...
2d. In at least one of the .ch files I can see what appear to be settings for username and password. Do I need to enter username/password info anywhere but the .cred file? I don't see any sign that I am actually being logged in to either 1Channel or NaviX.
Nope just in the cred file. On 1Channel there is no "login" section so ther you can never login. NaviX should work
2e. Although I have had the streaming working via channels with nothing but the expected issues I don't recall ever seeing any indication that I actually "logged in" to any of these sites with entries in UMS.cred. In the .cred file should it be "channels.plugin" or "channel.plugin". The example in the default .cred I have indicates channel.plugin. I read a thread on the GoogleMusic plugin and there was discussion of the .cred file but there it sounded like the entry for GoogleMusic was to be in the format "gmusic=usrnm,passwd" vice "channels.gmusic=usrnm,passwd". How should it be done? Also, are any of these files case sensitive?
It should be "channel.xxx=user,pwd" where xxx is the channel for which your adding the credentials. The UMS.cred is a common resource shared among "all" (at least all mine) plugins. For GoogleMusic you (currently) can only have one account and thus you only need to give it the usr,pwd pair. For channels you have alot of channels that can have creds and here you need to inform channels which channel you're suppling creds for. The formal format might read as "plugin.tag=usr,pwd" where tag might be omitted. If Gmusic ever get multiple account support the cred might look like "gmuisc.my=usr,pwd" "gmusic.mywifes=usr,pwd"
2f. Finally, I would like your thoughts on whether you think I should just go ahead and use the installer now that I have a clean install of the latest UMS or should I try the manual install using the standalone installations of all the utilities? Looking for ease of installation and use.
The installer should be the simplest...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

Thanks so much, hope that made it a bit easier for you to answer. I am also playing with Jumpy and there I can get 1Channel to play but not IceFilms, go figure. I have documented everything I found along the way, more than just a couple items. There are definitely several files, .bat and .groovy, that have strange looking path statements. I also documented a significant number of apparent "differences" using the gui install to download the .jar file and create the directories and then using the Channels gui to Install/Update and a manual install akin to PMS days. I still haven't had any luck getting Channels to work using only the GUI install.

If you would rather I report those type of "bugs" somewhere else and use this thread for discussion? If so point me in the right direction.

Peace!
Peace!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

You can report bugs any way you like :). Prefrably attach any logs you got so far. The installer works for me but of course maybe I got some setting that I forgot to transfer to the installer :(...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
zzricezz

Post by zzricezz »

I'm always getting this error and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I followed the wiki installation. How to fix this problem?

DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:33:21.421 [win32\ffmpeg.exe] Starting C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe -v 0 -y -threads 2 -i "http://www.movshare.net/video/c7okq6f6s58tl" -threads 2 -target ntsc-dvd \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351550001171_234
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:33:21.421 [win32\ffmpeg.exe] Reading pipe: \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351550001171_234
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:33:21.718 [win32\ffmpeg.exe] Attaching thread: win32\ffmpeg.exe
INFO 2012-10-29 18:33:22.906 [win32\ffmpeg.exe] Process C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server\win32\ffmpeg.exe has a return code of 1! Maybe an error occured... check the log file

when i turn on TRACE i get this

INFO 2012-10-29 18:58:21.296 [New I/O server worker #2-4] Starting transcode/remux of PLAY - No Subs
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:21.312 [New I/O server worker #2-4] Creating pipe \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351551501296_66
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:21.312 [Thread-22] Waiting for pipe connection \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351551501296_66
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:21.765 [cmd.exe] Starting cmd.exe /C null -s -S -b C:\Program Files\Universal Media Server\channels\data\cookies --location-trusted --output - http://s22.novamov.com/dl/3e60fb9476c39 ... 3swzt2k10r | win32\ffmpeg.exe -v 0 -y -threads 2 -i - -threads 2 -target ntsc-dvd \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351551501296_66
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:21.765 [cmd.exe] Reading pipe: \\.\pipe\pmsencoder_transcoder_out_1351551501296_66
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:22.078 [cmd.exe] Attaching thread: cmd.exe
INFO 2012-10-29 18:58:23.078 [cmd.exe] Process cmd.exe has a return code of 255! Maybe an error occured... check the log file
INFO 2012-10-29 18:58:28.046 [StartPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.0.189, file: http://s22.novamov.com/dl/3e60fb9476c39 ... 3swzt2k10r
DEBUG 2012-10-29 18:58:30.546 [Buffered IO End Checker] Stopping process: cmd.exe
INFO 2012-10-29 18:58:32.265 [StopPlaying Event] renderer: 192.168.0.189, file: http://s22.novamov.com/dl/3e60fb9476c39 ... 3swzt2k10r
mx5gr

Post by mx5gr »

I am using UMS 2.0.0 under Win8 32bit and 1.7 Java. I installed the channels plugin through the plugin installer, and I also filled the "channels" folder with the updated .ch files and the plugin itself with the updated 2.04 jar I located at the plugin's github.

When I access the plugin through PS3, all channel folders appear. However, I cannot reproduce any content!

I tried the EZTV, the only links I get when I finally select a video episode are Downloading Mirrors. It does not matter which mirror I choose, I get no playable video content.
I tried the YouTube channel through the categories function. I finally come to the selection level whereas I have the option to either PLAY or PLAY & RECORD video, I select PLAY and I get a black screen with a pause sign at the corner, indicating an unplayable content.

What am I doing wrong?

I attach the debug.log ...
Attachments
debug.log
(24.42 KiB) Downloaded 555 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

What about if you don't manually update it to 2.04? I think I remember SharkHunter saying something about the versions after 2.0 relying on code that isn't in UMS yet
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

SharkHunter wrote:You can report bugs any way you like :). Prefrably attach any logs you got so far. The installer works for me but of course maybe I got some setting that I forgot to transfer to the installer :(...
(Edit after original writing - In the following I mistakenly used 1.70 for the UMS version instead of the proper version of 1.6, apologies. You will see it in body of this message, the attachment's filename and within the attachments text. This is all based on the use of version 1.6 of UMS)

SharkHunter,

Most of the things I was talking about above as far as issues go were things that I noted while examining my install of UMS and Channels in efforts to get things working. They are mostly notes I recorded for my own purposes. I will number them as I did last time in hopes it makes it easier for you. They may not all need responses but thought they were items you might want to know about. I apologize for everything reported that you already know about and just haven't had the time to fix yet. I know how busy you are keeping things working for those of us who use it.

For reference, most of this is based on the results of installing UMS 1.70 clean then using the UMS Plugin Installer GUI to install Channels. I spent some time looking around after running the UMS Plugin Installer GUI and it was clear that something else needed to be done as there were no .ch or script files, just directory structure. I restarted UMS and opened the Channels GUI and executed the Install/Update option. After doing so I did find a populated channels and scripts folder, if quite different than I expected. I know that a number of the things I mention are simply the result of moving from PMS to UMS, things are being done differently than I recall and it looks strange and all scary and stuff. :shock: Along with the items that are not worth mentioning again I believe there are definitely points that are valid and should be brought to your attention. Only you will be able to tell how much they really matter. Thought attaching it to this post as a seperate document was best so you could read offline as you have time and then decide what, if anything, even deserves more time.
Attachments
UMS1_70 & Channels2_04.txt
The Details
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 565 times
Peace!
mx5gr

Post by mx5gr »

SubJunk wrote:What about if you don't manually update it to 2.04? I think I remember SharkHunter saying something about the versions after 2.0 relying on code that isn't in UMS yet
Unfortunately version 2.00 works even worse than 2.0.4. For example, under EZTV, I do not get any selections/folders, not even the "Download Mirror #1" type of available selections under a video.

As S7eele describes in his previous post, some clarifications need to be made in terms of installing and operating the channels plugin, as its features are great and it would be very nice to have it working.

Similar to that, is there any chance to see an internet radio plugin, as the one once developed for PS3 Media Server (but I think that is unsupported now)?