Version 7.4.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Version 7.4.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release improves transcoding speed, fixes a lot of bugs particularly for macOS, improves downloading via web interface, and more!


Changes since 7.3.1:
  • General:
    • Uses the media folders by default on Windows and macOS instead of the whole user directory
    • Added support for using GPU (video cards) for decoding via FFmpeg (thanks, onon765trb!)
    • Added option for higher quality audio resampling via FFmpeg (thanks, onon765trb!)
    • Files downloaded via the web interface have the correct filename (thanks, js-kyle!)
    • Improved stability when using custom FFmpeg settings (thanks, onon765trb!)
    • Made plugin web queries use SSL/HTTPS
    • Stop sometimes throwing errors when downgrading versions
    • Disabled the broken minimization on macOS
    • Fixed the wizard file chooser not working on macOS
  • Languages:
    • Updated translations via Crowdin:
      • Chinese Traditional translation completed
      • French translation completed and validated
      • Italian translation updated
      • Polish translation completed and validated
  • Renderers:
    • Fixed aspect ratio of transcoded videos on Panasonic ST60 TVs

Compatibility notes:

These releases work on all versions of Java 7 onwards.
The Windows releases work on Windows Vista onwards.

KONTROLMASTER
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:54 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by KONTROLMASTER » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 am

Is it possible to switch back the option to share the <All Drivers> manually now again?

User avatar
squadjot
Moderator
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by squadjot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:43 am

If i press "Check for updates" button in 7.3.1 (Windows 64bit standalone) it says "No update available"

User avatar
squadjot
Moderator
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by squadjot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 am

I can't install 7.4.0 x64 on my win7 64bit.

https://imgur.com/4EXrzHZ
https://imgur.com/5YrlgWB

Here's system info from 7.3.1 x64 (standalone)

JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_181 (64-bit) by Oracle Corporation
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 64-bit
CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics with 4 cores
Physical Memory: 3.4 GiB
Free Memory: 1.5 GiB
Maximum JVM Memory: 1.1 GiB

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:49 am

KONTROLMASTER wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:06 am
Is it possible to switch back the option to share the <All Drivers> manually now again?
You can still select drives to share on the Navigation/Share Settings tab
squadjot wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 am
I can't install 7.4.0 x64 on my win7 64bit.

https://imgur.com/4EXrzHZ
https://imgur.com/5YrlgWB

Here's system info from 7.3.1 x64 (standalone)

JVM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_181 (64-bit) by Oracle Corporation
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 64-bit
CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics with 4 cores
Physical Memory: 3.4 GiB
Free Memory: 1.5 GiB
Maximum JVM Memory: 1.1 GiB
That is very strange because I built it on Windows 7 myself, and I tried downloading it and it runs for me. Can you try re-downloading it? Maybe from another source like SourceForge?

User avatar
squadjot
Moderator
Posts: 643
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:24 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by squadjot » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 am

@SubJunk, the installer from sourceforge worked, thank you

erick diangilis
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 8:25 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by erick diangilis » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 am

hi subjunk thanks for the release i'll test out on the ps4 pro media player to give some feedback. :)


have a nice weekend and god bless.

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 am

squadjot wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 am
@SubJunk, the installer from sourceforge worked, thank you
Cool :) Can you please re-download from Fosshub to see if it was just a problem with a bad download or if the file is bad on there? Or did the bad download come from using the automatic downloader?

wazer
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 am

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by wazer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:29 pm

SubJunk wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:30 am
squadjot wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 am
@SubJunk, the installer from sourceforge worked, thank you
Cool :) Can you please re-download from Fosshub to see if it was just a problem with a bad download or if the file is bad on there? Or did the bad download come from using the automatic downloader?
Mine was broken from automatic downloader, the startup screen would appear there all the time, even after reboot.

Had to download manuel, used fosshub none standalone, works now.

donut
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:15 pm

Re: Version 7.4.0 released

Post by donut » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Hmm, it appears this new version has triggered a trojan warning on Windows Defender. False flag?

"Win32/Ditertag.b"

Affected Files:
startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Universal Media Server.lnk
startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server.lnk
startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server\Universal Media Server (Select Profile).lnk
startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server\Universal Media Server.lnk
file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\UMS.exe
file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Universal Media Server.lnk
file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server.lnk
file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server\Universal Media Server (Select Profile).lnk
file: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Universal Media Server\Universal Media Server.lnk
file: C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Universal Media Server.lnk

Post Reply