Version 1.5.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Post Reply
User avatar
Lead Developer
Posts: 3707
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Version 1.5.0 is released

Post by SubJunk »


You can download it from the front page.

Changes since 1.4.0:
  • General:
    • Made videos adhere more exactly to the maximum bandwidth limit
    • Updated MPlayer/MEncoder to SB37, changelog:
    • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.60, changelog:
    • Files are now sorted alphanuerically by default, e.g. Episode 2 before Episode 10
    • #--TRANSCODE--# folder name is localized
    • Cleaned up FFmpeg and MEncoder commands
    • Use automatic enabling of multithreading with FFmpeg and FFmpeg/AviSynth engines
    • Many improvements to UMS.conf and how it responds to updates, it is recommended to delete your old one
    • Only use tsMuxeR to compensate for MEncoder ignoring audio delay when A/V sync alternative method is enabled (which it is by default)
    • Fixed bugs in plugin installer
    • Automatic encoding detection of non UTF-8 external subtitles for Russian, Greek, Hebrew, Chinese, Korean and Japanese languages (leave "Subtitles codepage" option blank)
    • Improved handling of UTF-8 external subtitles
    • Prevented image distortion on some DLNA clients with "Keep AC-3 track" option enabled
    • Don't show entries for disabled engines in #--TRANSCODE--# folder
    • Allow Traces tab panel to auto-scroll (thanks, LordQuackstar!)
    • Replaced ImageMagick with Thumbnailator for thumbnail generation
    • Fixed FFmpeg engine's handling of unsupported custom options (thanks, ajamess)
    • Fixed FFmpeg command line arguments used by tsMuxeR video
    • Fixed DNLA 2114 errors when scanning non-readable subfolders with "hide empty folders" enabled
    • Linux tarball: fix "cannot find tsMuxeR" error
    • Fixed numerous small bugs
    • Added Sony SMP-N100
    • Added Yamaha RX-A1010 (thanks, merelin)
    • Deprecated misnamed TranscodeVideo profile MPEGAC3: use MPEGPSAC3 instead
    • Documented and cleaned up TranscodeVideo and TranscodeAudio profiles
    • Updated FFmpeg to a366bea (20120827)
    • Follow the maximum bandwidth setting
    • Mux AC3 instead of transcoding it
    • Use better commands
    • Disabled AC-3 remux if audio track has delay, which improves audio sync
    • Disabled DTS and LPCM remuxing if tsMuxeR engine is unavailable
    • Updated Bulgarian translation (thanks, JORDITO)
    • Updated Dutch translation (thanks, leroy)
    • Updated Russian
    • Updated English settings labels

Upgrade Notes:

It is recommended to delete your UMS.conf file prior to installing this version. For Windows users it is in ProgramData/UMS/.
It is recommended (but usually not necessary) to uninstall the older version before installing the new one.


The PMS developers.
glebb for the OS X build.
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 am

Re: Version 1.5.0 is released

Post by Scarface »


This update solved my problem: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=231&p=1121#p1121

Was this a bug in MEncoder, or UMS?

Another question, how do I remove the folder 'Web', right when entering UMS on the PS3?
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 am

Re: Version 1.5.0 is released

Post by darkmenace »

Just FYI

This version and 1.4.0 seem to work fine for me at least on Windows 8...
User avatar
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

Re: Version 1.5.0 is released

Post by S7eele »

Regarding the success mentioned above with 1.5.0, I am wondering if anyone has done a clean install of 1.5.0 on Windows and gotten channels to work using the plugin installer. Everything was working fine for a long time. Based on what I read regarding 1.5.0 I decided to try a clean install. After doing so I have been banging my head against the channels plugin. Seems like the plugin installer is installing version 1.90 vs 1.91. I have been a long time user and wanted to see if anyone could report success with a clean install on Windows before I do a long write-up. Apologies if this is bad board etiquette or misuse of a topic.
Post Reply