Version 6.5.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 6.5.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

We have added support for LG Blu-ray players and Naim Mu-So wireless audio systems, improved support for Panasonic and Samsung TVs and the VLC app, fixed videos being transcoded too often, fixed a bunch of bugs, and more!

Note: This release reverses a change made years ago to halve bitrates for most renderers which was just confusing. As a result, if you notice stuttering network playback, try reducing the "Maximum bandwidth" setting on the "General Configuration" tab. A value of "30" before would correspond to a value of "15" now.
Some renderers will still have their bitrates halved until they are confirmed to not need it.

Changes since 6.4.0:
  • General:
    • Use ellipses for overflowing text in the left menu on the web interface
    • Improved speed of parsing files
    • Improved documentation in DefaultRenderer.conf, UMS.conf and the code
    • Fixed support for semicolons in paths in FFmpeg
    • Fixed the cancellation of media library scans
    • Fixed videos being transcoded too often because of bitrate halving
    • Fixed support for video files within compressed folders
    • Fixed the MIME type for WAV DTS files
  • Renderers:
    • Added support for LG Blu-Ray players
    • Added support for Naim Mu-So wireless audio systems
    • Improved detection of LG TVs
    • Improved support for AC-3 audio on VLC on iOS and Apple TV
    • Improved support for XviD codec on Panasonic TVs and VLC apps
    • Improved support for images on Panasonic TXL32V10E TVs
    • Fixed support for virtual folders like New Media and Cache on Panasonic TVs
    • Fixed support for WebVTT subtitles on Samsung TVs
  • Languages:
    • Danish translation was completed and validated (thanks, jensen83, nba, squadjot, The_lonely_Glowstone and the_slayer_dk!)
    • Portuguese translation was completed (thanks, arqmatiasreis, El_Locco, Nadahar and plucas!)
  • External Components:
    • Updated assertj to 2.5.0
    • Updated ChromeCast Java API to 0.9.2
    • Updated Cling to 2.1.1
    • Updated commons-io to 2.5
    • Updated doxia plugin to 1.7
    • Updated exec maven plugin to 1.5.0
    • Updated gson to 2.7
    • Updated logback to 1.1.7
    • Updated maven antrun plugin to 1.8
    • Updated maven compiler plugin to 3.5.1
    • Updated maven enforcer plugin to 1.4.1
    • Updated maven site plugin to 3.5.1
    • Updated maven source plugin to 3.0.1
    • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.87
    • Updated Netty to 3.10.6
erick diangilis

Re: Version 6.5.0 released

Post by erick diangilis »

hi subjunk i tried and tested this version with java 8 for a couple of hours on the ps4 media player 2.0 and its working nice for me no disconnection at all.
the playback is fine reminds me a little bit the 6.4.1 snapshot on compilation from june 16th of course is much better and more consistent, the transcoding sound to dts is working good and the sound is ok. everything that i have here from music to photos is working very good with fast connection and reading folders. the Picture quality is very good too even with low resolution vídeos and the streaming is also very good with not much stuter or judder with wired connection. the only complain that i have is in one of the options to force fps in AviSynth/FFmpeg everytime that i use the ums i have to go there and uncheck the box because the software is not saving the the change that i do but the other ones are ok i don't have to remade them they're saving fine.

just as a reminder i'm using Windows 10 64 bits on the laptop asus z450l, my current javas are the 8 update 112b04 64 bits and 9 update 129 64 bits early acess both. the ps4 is connected wired to a modem wifi router tp link with the media player 2.00 and current firmware 3.55.

thanks for this new cool version and keep up with the good Job have a nice day and week. :D
boss

Post by boss »

I noticed that all or most of the renderer conf files (in Linux version) have "LoadingPriority=1".
I believe the default is 0 (LoadingPriority=). We can make or priority a higher number though but I am not sure if the =1 is by design or an oversight.

EDIT: After looking back over a few older versions I see it has been this way for a few versions now.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Was still running 6.2.2 so decided to install this 6.5.0 to see if it would work better on our new Vizio in the bedroom but it's not. I was able to browse pictures but for videos it is slow and I cannot get it to work. I posted about it here where it's seems to be a problem for another user also.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

It could be normal. When the new version changed the cache format the first browsing of the folder could be slow but next time is should be much faster.
N3phastus

Post by N3phastus »

congratulations for one more release :)

Something funny happened when I install it, use the option clean install, did not do that since first version 6, but when I started the film Tarzan on my PS3, it was skipping :|
Checked the conversion and it was doing MPEG-2 and DD 2.0 ... used the option no transcode and everything went ok with AVC and AAC 2.0.

The movie is encoded with x264 and AAC, my network is gigabit.

Any ideas ?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

To help you we need the debug.log. Please follow the instruction at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
N3phastus

Post by N3phastus »

valib wrote:To help you we need the debug.log. Please follow the instruction at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

here it goes, thanks

http://ul.to/8zgojq1d
javorenator

Post by javorenator »

Version 6.5.0 is rather buggy compared to the previous versions.

For two times it just stopped working after I setup it.
I got only this : ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: Address already in use: bind

And this is after the server was working ok for an hour.
fiocco12345

Post by fiocco12345 »

Dear Forum,

its not possible to play any 4K/2160 Video Content. Sony KD-55X8509C.

Greetz..