Can't play 4k files on Sony XR55X94J

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
vwdragon

Can't play 4k files on Sony XR55X94J

Post by vwdragon »

I'm having issues playing 4K files on my new Sony Bravia XR55X94J.

The file starts and stops at the first frame.

I am using a configuration file Sony-BraviaXH.conf.

Any help would be great!
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-09-26-16-29.zip
(132.93 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
mik_s

Re: Can't play 4k files on Sony XR55X94J

Post by mik_s »

UMS thinks that those files are not supported by your TV so is trying to transcode to a format that is.
I think there are several reasons why this is failing.
For some reason the network speed test has not returned a valid result (NaN) so best transcoding settings cannot be used.
Transcoding 4K also takes a powerful computer to do in real time and a lot of network bandwidth so is best avoided.

The reason why UMS thinks that it should transcode is that the max resolution is higher than the default 1920x1080 as it is not set in the conf.

You should test to see if you TV can play the file without transcoding by playing from the #--TRANSCODE--# folder and choose "No transcoding"
(if you do not see it, enable "show the #--Transcode--# folder" in the GUI on the navigation tab)

if that works you can alter the Sony-BraviaXH.conf to include

Code: Select all

MaxVideoWidth = 4096
MaxVideoHeight = 2160
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
vwdragon

Post by vwdragon »

I found the right file "No transcoding". This file plays normally. How to set them to play this way.
Attachments
ums_dbg_2021-09-26-22-55.zip
(192.06 KiB) Downloaded 111 times
vwdragon

Post by vwdragon »

I reinstalled the program and used the config from Sony-Bravia XH.conf. Now 4K works