I am surprised no iso dvd audio

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nickhere

I am surprised no iso dvd audio

Post by nickhere »

I came back to ums so i can have a media server that read iso dvd
you never fix the dvd audio on some dvd
sound is still muted
Nadahar

Re: I am surprised no iso dvd audio

Post by Nadahar »

If you start with reading the text in red above, we might get an idea of what your problem is.
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

i reported this on Fri Jan 23, 2015 i even provided a link to a iso that comes up with the audio muted. Gus i have to do it again and resupply the download
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's impossible for us (at least for me) to keep track of all the different issues and reports. If you could link to the previous thread it would help, I did a quick search through your posts but couldn't find it. We have done some fixes to DVD ISO playback, and I thought it was working fine now. I don't remember the exact issue with missing audio though.

If you can find the previous link to the ISO image that didn't work, I can download and test it. If it works for me but not for you, I'll need new debug files though. We have made significant changed to the log files produces in the 6.7.x versions, which makes logs produced with them much more useful for figuring out problems.
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Thank you for the sample. I've confirmed the problem and created an issue here. It seems to be a problem with MEncoder, which is the only transcoding engine we have that's capable of reading DVD ISOs. The project is more or less abandoned though, so if we can't find a workaround I doubt it will be fixed.

I'm not able to debug MEncoder, I know way to little about the code to even know where to start, not to mention that I don't even know how to build it (although I'm sure I could figure that out if spending enough time). SubJunk (the project owner) used to be a developer at MPlayer/MEncoder, so hopefully he can figure it out. Follow the GitHub issue if you want to track any progress.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello @nickhere,

Could you try to add these lines into your renderer's configuration file, and take the time to report feedback ?

Code: Select all

DisableMencoderNoskip = true
CustomMencoderOptions = -mc 0
or replace them by that one instead:

CustomMencoderOptions = -psprobe 10000
or

CustomMencoderOptions = -demuxer lavf
Note: I guess that you was not able to find your own issue ? as posting in it will have make it appear as that one, avoidind the opening of a duplicated one without all the log or explanation that was shared at that time.
Last edited by Sami32 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

CustomMencoderOptions = -demuxer lavf

Give me sound but on another iso it plays too fast
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Do we need to do a donation to get a log ;-)
As i cannot afford to download a such big file, and i wasn't even a part of the team at the time you've posted your issue...

1) So, the ISO with no sound worked correctly with "CustomMencoderOptions = -demuxer lavf" ?

2) Is that was your only ISO having no sound ?

3) Did you mean that all your others ISO play faster with that option, or only one ?
nickhere

Post by nickhere »

1 yes
2 no
3 other iso seem to skip even one with perfect sound

I will need some time to fiqure it out but some iso were compress from 8gb to 4gb
i will create a web server so you can download and test