LG SMART TV unable to rewind or fast-forward

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Scarface

LG SMART TV unable to rewind or fast-forward

Post by Scarface »

Hello!

Firstly, I want to say, thank you for your program. I have been using it for a long time with my PS3, but now that I got a new TV, the LG SMART TV, I ran into a problem. Everything works great though.

My issue: I cannot rewind or fast-forward through the video. An error pops up "This function cannot be used at this time".

Please help me. How do I resolve this? Should I do some settings from UMS or the LG TV itself?
Scarface

Re: LG SMART TV unable to rewind or fast-forward

Post by Scarface »

Anyone?
Chyaddo

Post by Chyaddo »

:D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by Chyaddo on Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

If you want answers to your problem, you have to give as much information you can.
Based upon your opening post nobody it's going to be a lot of guessing.
One thing for sure, realtime seeking has never been the greatest feature of UMS (or PMS).
As a alternative you could use the Chapter feature (Transcoding Settings tab, 3rd line from top) where you can set a minute based interval.

Please read following:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
I'm sure people will help you if you give more info... :)
Bizbear

Post by Bizbear »

Well in LG TV (on my TV sure the other I don't know) use the navigation pad of your remote
left arrow for back jump (around 4 min) and right arrow for foward jump (about 4 min ) up and down arrows seem useless
With Seek by time enable I can only ffoward 2x and can't rewind (and seek by byte I can't ff )
Maybe you must update your firmware ?
Bbox
Blu Ray: LG BP420
TV: LG 55LM615S