[3.0.0.a3][renderer PS3] no subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SuperDre

[3.0.0.a3][renderer PS3] no subtitles

Post by SuperDre »

I just updated to the lates 3.0.0.a3 (from the latest 2.x), with the previous version I had no problems with external subtitles playing, whenever it showed [external subs*] it just played.
Now with the new version, it does show the same [external subs*] after the filename, but it doesn't show any subtitles during play. I have to go into the transcode folder and really select the specified file with the correct subtitles.. I also tried to see if through some miracle the 'change subtitle' on the PS3 side would work, but it doesn't it just says 'operation not available' (or something like that)..
Maybe it's a new setting that's fubar, I've set the needed order and also tried with the default audio/subtitle settings, but to no avail.. Also I never know if the shortcode for dutch is 'dut' or 'nl'.. maybe it would be a good thing to add an overview of the available shortcodes for all audio/subtitles (at least on the helppage)..
Attachments
ums_dbg (no subtitles).zip
(13.3 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
emerson8

Re: [3.0.0.a3][renderer PS3] no subtitles

Post by emerson8 »

Got more or less similar issue;
though 1st,im running the a1 build.

Had a couple of 1080 mp4s showing the ext sub info,
tried one of them to no avail,both standard and through the different transcode options.

But, the 2nd movie, do show the subs without issues.
Nothing stands out in the debug.log.The only difference I can tell between the movies
is the one working is stated to be;
Advance video codec 4.0 and the one not working instead 4.1, other than that, they seem to be
done the same way.
SuperDre

Re: [3.0.0.a3][renderer PS3] no subtitles

Post by SuperDre »

problem still around in a5, so I guess it hasn't been looked at.. Also I noticed (when I started it through the transcode folder) that indications like Italic aren't used, so all you get is plain text (can't remember if it ever worked, but I just noticed it). and with one file it doesn't even show the subtitles even when I start it with it.. So subtitles are really broken at the moment..