Can't get the Pogram to Detect any Renderers

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SpeedyQ

Re: Can't get the Pogram to Detect any Renderers

Post by SpeedyQ »

cooltwou wrote:I did everything on that link & put them address in as both DNS server address & now what do I do next & still no music is showing up & some times it shows an Xbox Live error code: 8007274c & I did find a way to scan all the files in the music folder I hit in the Navigation/Share Settings in the Virtual folders I checked the box that says Enable the cache & it scanned the folders for the music but still nothing showed up
The Xbox Live error code: 8007274c is a general communication / network error and it can occur when updating the software or when starting the console.
So I don't know why or when it is throwing this error.
But it seems that you have more or less established a connection with UMS. So what's in the log?
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

my new log
Attachments
ums_dbg4.zip
the newest log
(15.4 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

Ok I have seen in your log the changes for the static address of the Xbox, but unfortunately no changes in behaviour.
Xbox still does not respond to ping and googling a bit I learned that xbox is one of those rare devices that does not run an ICMP server proces to respond on pings (only on startup but not when xbox is operational), damn Microsoft :evil: hmmm.
I'm still puzzled by this line
DEBUG 2013-08-15 14:15:06.861 [New I/O worker #4] DLNA changes for Xbox 360
What does it mean? Maybe one of the code experts could explain, as I could not find it in the code. :!: Please help us out guys. :!:

In the mean time we can check some more. I'll try to put it in a little list and I'm not sure if it helps, but we have to keep trying...

In your router:
-there must be some setting / swith for uPNP, it should be set to "enabled".

The firewall settings of your Windows PC:
I checked my own firewall setup on Windows 7 64 bit regarding UMS and I have following incoming 'allow' rules in place that you might want to check in your setup:
- javaw.exe (TCP)
- ums.exe (Any)
- wrapper.exe (Any); you only need this one when running UMS as a service
- port 5001 rule (Any); the default UMS listening port (also if you're using a different port number you have to use that value)
- port 2869 rule (TCP); used for DLNA / uPNP discovery (SSDP)
- port 1900 rule (UDP); used for DLNA / uPNP discovery (SSDP)
I have not included the full path to the executables because that can be different in your setup.
Since you already streamed movies from Xbox it is very likely that these are all in place, but let's check it anyway.

If you are in doubt about the firewall rules, you might also consider a test with the complete firewall disabled. (make sure that your router cable towards the internet is physically disconnected at least for test).
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

SpeedyQ wrote:Ok I have seen in your log the changes for the static address of the Xbox, but unfortunately no changes in behaviour.
Xbox still does not respond to ping and googling a bit I learned that xbox is one of those rare devices that does not run an ICMP server proces to respond on pings (only on startup but not when xbox is operational), damn Microsoft :evil: hmmm.
I'm still puzzled by this line
DEBUG 2013-08-15 14:15:06.861 [New I/O worker #4] DLNA changes for Xbox 360
What does it mean? Maybe one of the code experts could explain, as I could not find it in the code. :!: Please help us out guys. :!:

In the mean time we can check some more. I'll try to put it in a little list and I'm not sure if it helps, but we have to keep trying...

In your router:
-there must be some setting / swith for uPNP, it should be set to "enabled".

The firewall settings of your Windows PC:
I checked my own firewall setup on Windows 7 64 bit regarding UMS and I have following incoming 'allow' rules in place that you might want to check in your setup:
- javaw.exe (TCP)
- ums.exe (Any)
- wrapper.exe (Any); you only need this one when running UMS as a service
- port 5001 rule (Any); the default UMS listening port (also if you're using a different port number you have to use that value)
- port 2869 rule (TCP); used for DLNA / uPNP discovery (SSDP)
- port 1900 rule (UDP); used for DLNA / uPNP discovery (SSDP)
I have not included the full path to the executables because that can be different in your setup.
Since you already streamed movies from Xbox it is very likely that these are all in place, but let's check it anyway.

If you are in doubt about the firewall rules, you might also consider a test with the complete firewall disabled. (make sure that your router cable towards the internet is physically disconnected at least for test).
I don't know how to do any of what you said to do or how to do it on Windows 8
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

I can not help you on the router part because every brand has it's own maintenance software, so you have to dig in your manual or find information on the internet how that works or can be checked in what screen.

On the Firewall in Windows 8 there is a lot of information available.
I found this one to get you started on the basics (but there is a lot more):
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BS ... us&lang=en
Don't forget youtube as a source because you can also find a lot of instruction videos in there about Windows 8 firewalls.
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

SpeedyQ wrote:I can not help you on the router part because every brand has it's own maintenance software, so you have to dig in your manual or find information on the internet how that works or can be checked in what screen.

On the Firewall in Windows 8 there is a lot of information available.
I found this one to get you started on the basics (but there is a lot more):
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BS ... us&lang=en
Don't forget youtube as a source because you can also find a lot of instruction videos in there about Windows 8 firewalls.
OK but I still don't understand what I need to do
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

You need to check your settings of the router and your firewall settings on the pc to check if everything is setup as expected.
If that is all ok, then at least we can get these items off the list as checked and not being the cause of the problem.
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

SpeedyQ wrote:You need to check your settings of the router and your firewall settings on the pc to check if everything is setup as expected.
If that is all ok, then at least we can get these items off the list as checked and not being the cause of the problem.
OK I understand that but how do I know if they are set up like they are post to be
SpeedyQ

Post by SpeedyQ »

In the firewall setup, the settings should all showup as incoming rules.
Your router setting is just switch that is on / off or enabled / disabled.
cooltwou

Post by cooltwou »

OK but what should they be