xbox360 - ffmpeg issue with certain mkv embed subtitles

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
riccetto

xbox360 - ffmpeg issue with certain mkv embed subtitles

Post by riccetto »

Hello!

i use ums via wireless (good router, wifi optimized for xbox360 seething on, no bandwidth issue staying sub 65/70mb/s) with my xbox360, i limited to 60mb/s and i use the "Great quality (keyint=5:vqscale=1:vqmin=2)" mpg2 preset and "Lossless quality (16)" for h264.

with ffmpeg all movies run great, no shutters or other issue and great video quality.

unfortunately with some of the mkv i have, ffmpeg have issue with subtitles.
With no subtitles movie run perfect, with subtitles movie dont run at all and xbox give error "format probable not supported".

Unfortunately, using MEmcoder work, load the subtitles correctly BUT have huge shutters.

Seems mmpeg respect the 60mb/s limit, while MEmcoder dont care about and keep send up to 90mb/s the data (also seems to dont care about the 200mb maxim buffer, keep go up to 500/700 memory usage, i dont know why), creating shutter because wireless cannot keep up.

So, my question is, how i can fix the subtitle issue with MMpeg? sadly memcoder seems to dont care too much about bandwidth limitation and this create shutters on video.

maybe if i extract with some utility the .srt from the mkv and play as external subtitle, so MMpeg will only extract audo/video from the mkv, will fix the issue?

suggestions?

Sorry for my bad English, thank you.
squadjot

Re: xbox360 - ffmpeg issue with certain mkv embed subtitles

Post by squadjot »

Have you tried setting the Transcoding Quality (MPEG-2) to "Automatic (wireless)..."

Also if you want help from the developers, they are most likely going to ask for the debug log file. Follow the link in the red box above.
riccetto

Re: xbox360 - ffmpeg issue with certain mkv embed subtitles

Post by riccetto »

you right!

done!

hope this help!

thank you!

To be more clear:

the mkv play if play it with NO SUBTITLES, if i play with subtitles, ffmpeg seems to stuck, while memcoder, work with subtitles fine.

issues is memcoder stutter, while ffmpegnot.

others mkv with same or higher quality and with subtitles, run fine with ffmpeg.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.98 KiB) Downloaded 390 times